OT- I know this Ain't Nole Country, But.....

Advertisement
My apologies for the Nole-centric post, but WOW...

Seems like some of the issue regarding Dugans and playing favs followed him to Tally....

This if from WR Warren Thompson's mom.... Let's just say she is NOT too sad to see Taggart fired...

Fvck willie and fvck tally, I hope that whole place burns to the ground. But this is some bullsh-t from Momma Thompson. Textbook modern mentality of players on full display here. He goes on "strike" because he's not getting PT? Then they arrange a meeting and he doesn't even show?!? GTFO What will these kinds of kids do later in life when they don't have their mommy to run and hug them every time they face adversity? I don't at all doubt everything there was a dumpster fire and it sucks for the players, but I can't support this kind of mentality, at all.

Fvck willie and fvck tally, I hope that whole place burns to the ground. But this is some bullsh-t from Momma Thompson. Textbook modern mentality of players on full display here. He goes on "strike" because he's not getting PT? They arrange a meeting and he doesn't even show?!? GTFO

It would be more helpful for her cause if she said what 'lie' she feels she was told....

The kid is a Momma's boy & his Momma is an over bearing mother that coddled him too much.

With that being said, Dugans 100% played favorites, he did it here & he did at FSU too, however most coaches do as well so that's not something to be too shocked about.

The issue here is this is what happens when parents believe their Football playing sons are Gods greatest gift to Earth because they were high ranked in HS, that's just not how it works in the real world, HS rankings don't mean sh*t once you're in the program. Warren is not a Hard worker, he's a Diva that thought everything would be handed to him & had to get a big dose of reality now that he's not in HS anymore.

If yall remember this kid actually committed to Miami for all of like :45 seconds & then decommitted because his Mom was like no way, you can get a better opportunity elsewhere! Now look how the tables have turned, Lol.

Either toughen up & work harder or transfer & go find a new team kid, it's really that simple.

Advertisement

Seems like some of the issue regarding Dugans and playing favs followed him to Tally....

This if from WR Warren Thompson's mom.... Let's just say she is NOT too sad to see Taggart fired...

Least surprising thing I've heard all day. I truly believe Dugans is a child in a man's body, continually attempting to resolve some kind of adolescent self-esteem issue by arbitrarily wielding his power over the players that he's supposed to be trying to help.

This is why culture is so important. Get a team with a good portion of players like this, and you’re going to have problems for years to come.

People forget, the NCAA only allows the coaches to spend a limited number of hours per week with these players, either in season or off-season. Coaches have to do whatever they can to shore up the culture, but if you have a lot of bad character guys like this, players spend a lot more time with their teammates than they do with coaches. Like 10 times as much.

You can absorb a small handful of players like this, but any more than that, the rotten culture spreads like cancer.

This is not to let the coaches off the hook, here or anywhere, but culture change is hard. I’ve been through it at a company. It’s the one thing that’s the same, whether it’s a sports team or a large sales group.

In the end, it’s really simple. People have to accept accountability for their results and their own actions. That goes for players as well as coaches.

They have to be performance oriented and self starters.

And I hate to say it, but there’s only one way to deal with most people like this, and that is get rid of them - just like you would fire them if they were working for a company. Some can be redeemed, some can’t. Most can’t.

Advertisement

Sounds like Warren needs to remove his lips from his mother's ****y already.

Advertisement
The kid is a Momma's boy & his Momma is an over bearing mother that coddled him too much.

With that being said, Dugans 100% played favorites, he did it here & he did at FSU too, however most coaches do as well so that's not something to be too shocked about.

The issue here is this is what happens when parents believe their Football playing sons are Gods greatest gift to Earth because they were high ranked in HS, that's just not how it works in the real world, HS rankings don't mean sh*t once you're in the program. Warren is not a Hard worker, he's a Diva that thought everything would be handed to him & had to get a big dose of reality now that he's not in HS anymore.

If yall remember this kid actually committed to Miami for all of like :45 seconds & then decommitted because his Mom was like no way, you can get a better opportunity elsewhere! Now look how the tables have turned, Lol.

Either toughen up & work harder or transfer & go find a new team kid, it's really that simple.

stone cold facts.

You gotta get the right stars. Some of these kids have been set back by handlers and parents before they are ever adults.

I have not agreed with anything this much in a while, especially that last sentiment.

To the extent that most coaches play favorites, it usually leans towards the kids that work hard, listen, and are generally easy to coach.
If an athlete has a problem with that and thinks their talent should win out, make it UNDENIABLE that you should be above the guys in front of you on the depth chart. Show up early to team meetings. Be a 100% participant in the weight room. Get your diet right. Stay after practice to hone your craft with your teammates. Watch film on your own, outside of team sessions. Raise your game to a point where you are truly getting the most out of your athletic talent.

Make it undeniable, and no coach who cares about job security and has even the slightest clue will play obviously lesser talent over you.

Advertisement

This is why I dont freak out when certain recruits decommit from us and end up at fsu or UF. Large majority of the time it ends up being a blessing in disguise even though this board flips out over it

Advertisement
Back