OT-Hypocrisy of the NCAA

Advertisement
Let’s not forget the 2018-2019 LSU Basketball team.

Head Coach on FBI wire tap offering money to Shannon Forman to pay Javonte Smart... Mark Emmert flies to Baton Rouge to assure LSU will not be in trouble.

Naz Reid saying he never even took a class at LSU and bragged that LSU paid his rent for a sweet apartment in NYC.

But, sure, get Penny on the first day of the season for a kid you already ruled eligible, over some sh*t that happened before Penny was even a college coach.

Gus Malzahn brought kids to Springdale HS and then brought the same kids to Arkansas...nothing burger

LSU also moved Patrick Johnson err Peterson’s family to Baton Rouge
Did the HC get out of that one? Sounded impossible. He is as on tape. On tape.

I would've posted this in the b-ball forum, but this kind of relates to football:

So James Wiseman, the # 1 b-ball recruit for the class of 2019 was just ruled ineligible by the NCAA. James was very close to Penny; however, after probing, the NCAA found that Penny helped James and his family move to Memphis.

So here's my question; Calipari was running a dumb dirty program at Memphis, and it wasn't until Coach Cal moved to the fortress of UK that the NCAA punished Memphis, ONLY, as opposed to Coach Cal...how in tf could this be?

Saban just moved an entire family to Alabama from Hawaii, yet the NCAA says it was a "legit" move. How, Sway??

This SEC bias has to stop, and I hope Penny fights this tooth and nail. Wiseman just received a temporary injunction against the ruling by the NCAA to play tonight. I hope this all blows up in the NCAA's face.

NCAA is full of 💩. I don’t like seeing kids punished but Miami has Grace and Muhammad done for the whole year because of riding in a sports car for a few hours that they didn’t pay for.

Jammi German suspended forever for a limo ride to class.

Yet this dude accepts $11,000 from his head coach (I don’t care what type of relationship they had) and only gets 12 games and yet they are fighting it.

Saban and Cal don’t pay kids directly but the boosters do and NCAA knows. Back in the 80’s or 90’s they would have punished them but with TV revenue and the importance of those teams they just turn a blind eye.

Frankly the whole thing is straight 💩. They punish the teams that don’t matter on the grand scheme of things.

Another bull**** thing is it took them 2 god**** years to give us our penalties yet this **** and the Ohio St DE **** was settled in less than a week.

NCAA can suck a big god **** 🤭

Last edited:
DJ Dallas just received an order from McDonalds which included an apple pie that he didn't pay for. The FBI has his house surrounded.
Bruj, way bigger than that.
It was two apple pies and a super size...free of charge.
They wanted to throw in a shake, but he didn't want it to look bad.

Did the HC get out of that one? Sounded impossible. He is as on tape. On tape.
Mark Emmert flew to LSU the day of a game in the SEC tournament to assure LSU that Javonte Smart would be fine. I believe it was when LSU suspended him after the “middle man”, Shannon Forman, came forward and admitted to being the one on tape who took the money from LSU and gave it to the mother.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The impermissible benefit occurred before Penny was the Memphis HC. Now, that doesnt necessarily make it acceptable, but this entire thing stinks and smells of retaliation and retribution. If Hardaway wasnt the Memphis coach, this wouldnt be an issue and Wiseman wouldnt be having a problem.

And the Ewing comparison falls flat imo. Ewing -- who I was a fan of (liked Hakeem more tho) -- doesnt have anywhere near the cred or popularity as Penny, whose shoe just as an example is arguably the second most iconic after Jordans. Ewing will never be able to recruit on Penny's level.

No one believes Hardaway has to pay players to land a commitment, and that's part of the problem some have. They view his and potentially others star wattage as an unfair advantage. You heard similar gripes about Coach K when he was the Team USA Coach.

It's crazy that no one makes the argument you make in your last paragraph about #1 recruiting classes at dirty schools with Cal at UK, Self at Kansas (watch them skate on their current case), or William's at UNC. These schools have histories far more dirty than Memphis, and no one bats an eye when they pull in #1 classes.

I wonder why.

wut

All three you mentioned are known to be dirty, it’s just that Cal is known to be dirty AF. Proven dirty and skated. C’mon man...

NCAA is full of 💩. I don’t like seeing kids punished but Miami has Grace and Muhammad done for the whole year because of riding in a sports car for a few hours that they didn’t pay for.

Jammi German suspended forever for a limo ride to class.

Yet this dude accepts $11,000 from his head coach (I don’t care what type of relationship they had) and only gets 12 games and yet they are fighting it.

Saban and Cal don’t pay kids directly but the boosters do and NCAA knows. Back in the 80’s or 90’s they would have punished them but with TV revenue and the importance of those teams they just turn a blind eye.

Frankly the whole thing is straight 💩. They punish the teams that don’t matter on the grand scheme of things.

Another bull**** thing is it took them 2 god**** years to give us our penalties yet this **** and the Ohio St DE **** was settled in less than a week.

NCAA and suck a big god **** 🤭

Couldn’t agree more.

Advertisement
Back