OT: Hurricane Relief

Out of all the tragedy going down there, it's nice to see little things like this.

[video=youtube_share;pxbj4JcTfQM]https://youtu.be/pxbj4JcTfQM[/video]

Advertisement
They've already been fired upon unfortunately.

Not true. When asked, they said they heard about another rescue group being fired upon, and somebody embellished that and said it was the Cajun Navy that was fired upon. I don't believe anybody was fired upon, fake news.

Just had to evacuate my house by taking 2 boat rides I stayed because we were supposed to be on the dry side starting today but it's not happening that way. Left all 3 vehicles, house, etc..... Terrible tragedy for millions of people.

My next door neighbor stayed and just had to be airlifted to safety.... Hope everyone affected by this is safe and sound.

I wonder, do the states impacted by hurricane sandy encourage their congressman to vote against federal aid for the cleanup like texas did :monkey-serious:

/thanks for sharing the link

Advertisement
I wonder, do the states impacted by hurricane sandy encourage their congressman to vote against federal aid for the cleanup like texas did :monkey-serious:

There is always two sides to every story:

[video]http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450912/hurricane-harvey-gop-non-hypocrisy[/video]

[video]http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450912/hurricane-harvey-gop-non-hypocrisy[/video]

Oh, then their request should be much more modest with such attention to pork barreling.

And nobody will argue this time that the spending be offset if they themselves demand it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, then their request should be much more modest with such attention to pork barreling.

And nobody will argue this time that the spending be offset if they themselves demand it.

Agreed; things like Alaskan Fisheries and aid to any state declaring a disaster should be excluded. As for offset, there is plenty of Medicare, Social Security and SNAP fraud that couldbe eliminated and go a long way towards eliminating any aid budget shortfall.

Advertisement
They've already been fired upon unfortunately.

Not true. When asked, they said they heard about another rescue group being fired upon, and somebody embellished that and said it was the Cajun Navy that was fired upon. I don't believe anybody was fired upon, fake news.

One of my little brother's college teammates that lives out east of the Houston area said he's talked to some of the guys being shot at by looters that were trying to help with the Cajun Navy....he ran into them because they got stuck on I-10 for a bit. Apparently looters are taking over corners and shooting anybody that's coming near and they're were trying to stick them up for their boats....some of them tried to steal an unsalvagable boat.

I don't know who you were talking to up there that gave you that but I've also heard that through other outlets as well.

IMG_1063.jpgFinally got a picture of my house from a neighbor.

View attachment 49496Finally got a picture of my house from a neighbor.

I'm so sorry that happened to you DC

Thank you very much. I don't have flood insurance either. Lost my new lifted Tundra 4x4, Tacoma 4x4, Acura RDX, scag 61" mower, and on and on.... It can all be replaced in time. Irma is going to be a real bytch too for whoever gets her!

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMG_1067.jpgI parked my truck past the stop sign where the boat is. It's either gone or completely submerged.

Advertisement
Red Cross is a Scam just like every other "relief fund" out here

So is FEMA. I don't qualify for anything other than housing , and, only until the 26th. Homeowners Insurance won't cover my house or contents. I am on my own because I have a good job. I will definitely stop my yearly United Way donation immediately.

Advertisement
Back