OT: high school kid trolls Cam Newton at 7v7 camp

Advertisement
Since I can't slap you.. "where's your dad?" is the most appropriate reply. He can take the beating you should be getting. That's called 'trickle down parenting.'

He probably got over it THAT DAY when he got inside of his luxury car and drove up to his mansion. LOL

Probably.

I remember hearing a great story about Ted Williams, the legendary power hitter. To psych himself up, before batting practice began, he would should shouting stuff to get on a heater.

"I'M THE BEST ******' HITTER IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES!"

*SMACK*

"NO ONE CAN TOUCH ME!"

*SMACK*

"OH THIS GUY THINKS HE CAN GET ONE BY ME. THINK AGAIN!"

*SMACK*

...Frankly, "I'm rich." isn't really a comeback. But then again, I remember the Charles Barkley commercial about how he was not a role model. Parents should be role models. He got a lot of **** for that in the day, but as a kid, I thought it made sense, and it still does. If you are a role model; be a role model. If you're not and don't want to be one; don't. Be honest about what you are.

Advertisement
Adults never win power struggles with kids.....You lose as soon as you engage..

This is pretty accurate. Kid was clearly engaged in attention-seeking behavior and all Cam did was give him that attention.

Based on the apology and negative responses from a bunch of athletes (most of them not free agents), it seems like the kid is no longer feeling all the attention he received, though. Be careful what you wish for, young man.

Who raised this child is what I want to know. Taking smack about being poor to a pro football quarterback who has made more money in 10 years than this kids family will make in 5 generations.
‘What a moron but I blame the parents for raising a loser. Some kids may be born as jerks, but to be an outspoken loser requires years of lack of attention and/or terrible example setting by whomever is raising him.

Yea tough to stay quiet I get why Can went back at him. I'm not even a Cam fan but if I was him I would of body slammed that kid and his dad. **** I remember growing up knocking on a door and telling my boys mom where is your son imma fuq him up. And she said the pizza place and **** well I went to scrap. True story lol
Wait... You said Cam was stupid for responding, but if you were in that situation you would have fought the kid? Come on man. That doesn’t make sense.

Advertisement
Who raised this child is what I want to know. Taking smack about being poor to a pro football quarterback who has made more money in 10 years than this kids family will make in 5 generations.
‘What a moron but I blame the parents for raising a loser. Some kids may be born as jerks, but to be an outspoken loser requires years of lack of attention and/or terrible example setting by whomever is raising him.
We have people praising this kid’s behavior

Yea my fault man. I joined the thread late and I saw it later. I just wanted to wait for your response to apologize directly. That being said, you still can’t go around beating up a kid even if they are in the wrong hahaa.
Yea your right. It's all good bro....I kind of had to take a step back and realize the dumb **** I typed lol. Hey it happens

Yea your right. It's all good bro....I kind of had to take a step back and realize the dumb **** I typed lol. Hey it happens
Hahaa hey the things these kids do will drive you to that. Man that would have been Blaine Gabbert and I would have appreciated it. Man had an opportunity to meet Cam and acted immature. Then he was shy when Cam actually tried to talk to him 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Well now we know who raised that loser. His parents are either on this Board, or we have parents on this Board who are as bad at parenting as his actual parents.

If that was my son all I can say is there would have been **** to pay.

No kid of mine is going to act the disrespectful punk without me bringing swift parental justice.

People keep bringing Cam’s issues as a pro, or the SB fumble, or whatever. Thise things are completely irrelevant. And yes Cam could have probably chosen a better response. Again, irrelevant.

He could have been the lowliest NFL scrub, it doesn’t matter. He’s there as an authority figure/ coach/teacher, that’s all these kids need to know.

Act like a mature young man and be respectful.

Being wealthy doesn't make one an authority figure though, Aaron Hernandez & OJ had money too.

Advertisement
Being wealthy doesn't make one an authority figure though, Aaron Hernandez & OJ had money too.
No but telling An extreme rich person that he is going to be poor is beyond stupid. Being rich doesn’t make Cam smart or an authority figure, but it does make the kids comments moronic.
‘my comments are only about the kid.

No but telling An extreme rich person that he is going to be poor is beyond stupid.

Oh I agree, but at the same time He's technically right...how many stories of athletes blowing fortunes have we heard throughout the years. And not just athletes, but anybody that comes into sudden wealth.

Society, internet / social media and ****** parents are causing these douche bags to enter society at an unreal rate. The lack of respect and discipline amazes me when I’m in public. Reminds me of a a couple that let their little brat stand up on her chair and sing in a restaurant while everyone was eating, and thought it was cute. It like we’re living in an alternate universe.

I’m just thankful I never wanted kids, I’d be in jail lol.
why did you delete these comments? Maybe its just because I agree with you but I like what you posted.

Advertisement
Back