OT-Hester to hall?

Advertisement
I believe if there are two special teams guys to make Canton, it will be Hester and Steve Tasker

I dont think Hester will be first ballot, but eventually he'll get in and be what Edgar Martinez was for designated hitters in baseball

You don't have to convince me, I'm saying that's probably how the HOF committee will judge it.

The NFL HOF has no set criteria for how they go about selecting inductees, they pretty much just go by however they feel at the moment.

Hester is no doubt a 1st ballot HOF'er, but the committee might not think so because reasons...

What's underrated about Devin is that he actually had some production as a WR at times, in Chicago and Atlanta.

But if the criteria for making it into Canton, is impact on the game -- well, I think his impact goes beyond stats in my view

Advertisement

I had to keep reading your post b/c I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever consider B Mitchell a HOFer. Honestly, I forget about him a lot. Lol.

Hester only had 4 pro-bowls b/c they stopped having spots for return men, and he was ****ed about that. Teams legitimately feared D Hest. Nothing was better than having the option of the short field or TD when Hester was back there as a Bears fan. lol. ****, he would've had more TDs had coaches not complained the Bears' wedge block was setting a disadvantage for their ST!

I'm hella partial to D Hest, but as an objective fan and talking to other fans, it's a consensus that my guy should be in the HOF. My only regret as a fan of his is that his QB was fckin Rex Grossman who managed to fck away a SB title for him and that Urlacher led defense.
Idk how my comment could be taken any other way, I clearly said over & over again that Devin Hester is & should be a first ballot HOF.

I was simply saying the committee might not vote him in first ballot because they rarely vote in Special Teams players & they have no criteria for how they vote for each player. I didn't say it was my opinion, I said that's probably how they will look at it.

You know how many players should've been a first ballot that didn't get in on their first ballot simply because the voters didn't think he should? Like a lot, too many even lol.

I wasn't saying anything remotely close to saying Mitchell was better or more deserving, I literally said Hester was the most eletrifying Return man in NFL history. Again, I'm saying the HOF committee might have a dumb reason for why they don't vote him in first ballot.

Edgerrin James is a first ballot HOF'er, has he been voted in yet? No, why? There's no earthly reason why, that's my point.

Advertisement
Idk how my comment could be taken any other way, I clearly said over & over again that Devin Hester is & should be a first ballot HOF.

I was simply saying the committee might not vote him in first ballot because they rarely vote in Special Teams players & they have no criteria for how they vote for each player. I didn't say it was my opinion, I said that's probably how they will look at it.

You know how many players should've been a first ballot that didn't get in on their first ballot simply because the voters didn't think he should? Like a lot, too many even lol.

I wasn't saying anything remotely close to saying Mitchell was better or more deserving, I literally said Hester was the most eletrifying Return man in NFL history. Again, I'm saying the HOF committee might have a dumb reason for why they don't vote him in first ballot.

Edgerrin James is a first ballot HOF'er, has he been voted in yet? No, why? There's no earthly reason why, that's my point.

Bro, I said I had to keep reading your post. lol.

Man, it's a lot of folks that should be in, and that shouldn't be in. I still don't know how Chuck Foreman's out, but Terrell Davis is in! How is Roger Craig out, yet Bob Hayes is in?? NFL be on some weirdo type ish, and that is what scares me . Sometimes, I think they put championships over the actual player unless they just completely separated themselves, like B Sanders.

He should be a first ballot HOF, he was the most electrifying return man in NFL history.

The problem might be if they haven't voted in Brian Mitchell yet, they might make Hester wait.

Hester has most Special Team Return TD's in NFL history at 20, but he's 2nd behind Mitchell in total KR & PR yards.

He has over 11,000yds return yards, but Mitchell because he played longer than DH has him by about 3,000+ yards.

But Hester is a 4 time Pro bowler & 3 time NFL All-pro, Mitchell only made 1 pro bowl in his career & never made an all-pro team.

He deserves to be in the HOF, but you never know with the voters, they have a very arbitrary process with how they vote some guys in.

Brian Mitchell was **** GOOD.

But he ain’t no Devin Hester

One thing I don’t like about Hall voting is the emphasis on long careers and stats.

There are certain guys whose impact goes beyond tenure and numbers. Game changing players who were lightening in the bottle should get more consideration even if they only dominated the league for 3 or 4 years.

****, Gale Sayers would have a hard time getting in now and he is one of the most electrifying players ever.

Bro, I said I had to keep reading your post. lol.

Man, it's a lot of folks that should be in, and that shouldn't be in. I still don't know how Chuck Foreman's out, but Terrell Davis is in! How is Roger Craig out, yet Bob Hayes is in?? NFL be on some weirdo type ish, and that is what scares me . Sometimes, I think they put championships over the actual player unless they just completely separated themselves, like B Sanders.

Because it's not the hall of very good? Davis was the best in the game at one point, not Craig or or Foreman. This is Gore's problem too.

Hester averaged 2 TDs a year as a returner. He was dangerous, for a guy touching the ball 5 times a game. Should he get in? I think the best at their position gets in. But not a travesty if they leave returners out.

Advertisement
Because it's not the hall of very good? Davis was the best in the game at one point, not Craig or or Foreman. This is Gore's problem too.

Hester averaged 2 TDs a year as a returner. He was dangerous, for a guy touching the ball 5 times a game. Should he get in? I think the best at their position gets in. But not a travesty if they leave returners out.

So was Larry Johnson; is he getting in? So was Priest Holmes, is he getting in? So was Shaun Alexander, is he getting in?

Foreman went to 5 PB in an 8 yr career, what r u talking about? And Craig literally revolutionized the RB position and any true football fan will tell you that. So what r u really saying? Neither r apart of the hall of very good.

At this point the consensus is that Gore will be getting a Gold jacket, wont be 1st ballot but his bust will be in Canton. He Don Sutton'd his way to the Hall of Fame with consistency. Guy is still productive, which is amazing

Being very good for a long time is greatness.

The return game is a big deal, especially when you house it on the regular.

****, even the kickers who pile up points for long careers should get the nod.

Just on impact Hester should be a unanimous first ballot entry.

Advertisement

That is not Gore's problem... Gore is like Curtis Martin... Quietly doing the **** thang... Gore is a lock.. 1-3yrs after eligibility..

That is not Gore's problem... Gore is like Curtis Martin... Quietly doing the **** thang... Gore is a lock.. 1-3yrs after eligibility..

And let’s not forget, Gore got screwed out of a couple of more pro bowls b/c of the team played for. Had he played for NE or GB w his production, I could easily see at least 2 more nods for him.

Advertisement
Back