OT-Hester to hall?

I guess I wouldnt be surprised either way. Most dominant return man of all time and did it on the biggest stage of them all but it would set a new precedent as far as non kicking STs players making the HOF

Advertisement
Advertisement
He should be a first ballot HOF, he was the most electrifying return man in NFL history.

The problem might be if they haven't voted in Brian Mitchell yet, they might make Hester wait.

Hester has most Special Team Return TD's in NFL history at 20, but he's 2nd behind Mitchell in total KR & PR yards.

He has over 11,000yds return yards, but Mitchell because he played longer than DH has him by about 3,000+ yards.

But Hester is a 4 time Pro bowler & 3 time NFL All-pro, Mitchell only made 1 pro bowl in his career & never made an all-pro team.

He deserves to be in the HOF, but you never know with the voters, they have a very arbitrary process with how they vote some guys in.

Mitchell has the dreary stats collected mainly due to longevity..over several centuries

BUT Hester has the electrifying high quality HOF type results

Of course I exaggerate... but Hester was actually feared and game planned against... they aren't in the same category

He'll get in the same reason Gale Sayers got in despite stats and longevity.....his SHEER IMPACT on the game

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mitchell has the dreary stats collected mainly due to longevity..over several centuries

Of course I exaggerate... but Hester was actually feared and game planned against... they aren't in the same category
You don't have to convince me, I'm saying that's probably how the HOF committee will judge it.

The NFL HOF has no set criteria for how they go about selecting inductees, they pretty much just go by however they feel at the moment.

Hester is no doubt a 1st ballot HOF'er, but the committee might not think so because reasons...

He should be a first ballot HOF, he was the most electrifying return man in NFL history.

The problem might be if they haven't voted in Brian Mitchell yet, they might make Hester wait.

Hester has most Special Team Return TD's in NFL history at 20, but he's 2nd behind Mitchell in total KR & PR yards.

He has over 11,000yds return yards, but Mitchell because he played longer than DH has him by about 3,000+ yards.

But Hester is a 4 time Pro bowler & 3 time NFL All-pro, Mitchell only made 1 pro bowl in his career & never made an all-pro team.

He deserves to be in the HOF, but you never know with the voters, they have a very arbitrary process with how they vote some guys in.

I had to keep reading your post b/c I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever consider B Mitchell a HOFer. Honestly, I forget about him a lot. Lol.

Hester only had 4 pro-bowls b/c they stopped having spots for return men, and he was ****ed about that. Teams legitimately feared D Hest. Nothing was better than having the option of the short field or TD when Hester was back there as a Bears fan. lol. ****, he would've had more TDs had coaches not complained the Bears' wedge block was setting a disadvantage for their ST!

I'm hella partial to D Hest, but as an objective fan and talking to other fans, it's a consensus that my guy should be in the HOF. My only regret as a fan of his is that his QB was fckin Rex Grossman who managed to fck away a SB title for him and that Urlacher led defense.

He'll get in the same reason Gale Sayers got in despite stats and longevity.....SHEER IMPACT on the game
Dwight Stevenson is another example of a guy without the long career but went right in to Canton.

Advertisement
I had to keep reading your post b/c I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever consider B Mitchell a HOFer. Honestly, I forget about him a lot. Lol.

Hester only had 4 pro-bowls b/c they stopped having spots for return men, and he was ****ed about that. Teams legitimately feared D Hest. Nothing was better than having the option of the short field or TD when Hester was back there as a Bears fan. lol. ****, he would've had more TDs had coaches not complained the Bears' wedge block was setting a disadvantage for their ST!

I'm hella partial to D Hest, but as an objective fan and talking to other fans, it's a consensus that my guy should be in the HOF. My only regret as a fan of his is that his QB was fckin Rex Grossman who managed to fck away a SB title for him and that Urlacher led defense.

Another gaytor great

I don’t know, it’s not rocket science to me. Best return man in the history of the game = HOF.

You know there are three phases to the game, and this is one of them. And he dominated it. I just don’t see how you say no.

Not only dominated, but fckin changed it. He changed the way teams kicked off, punted.....and it wasn't until he had a monopoly on the ST spot for the pro-bowl, something that was never seen before, that the bytch *** NFL got rid of the ST spot. D Hest was a game changer, to the point that opposing players on the side line were secretly rooting for him to house it. I remember I unknowing had seats right next to his family at the Bears v. Oakland Raiders game...had no idea it was his family til I saw a swarm of 23 jerseys. Lol. Man we had a good time talking chit to Raider fans. He housed one that game, but it was called back for holding.

Speaking of, I wonder how many of his TDs that did not count due to penalties?? I know I can count at least 3 during his time w/ Chicago fa sho.

Advertisement
Most electrifying ST player to ever play the game...PERIOD.

Hester was always a threat to take it to the house on every punt and kickoff. His stats reflect that as well as the opposing coaches who attempted to game plan against him by kicking out of bounds or away from him.

****, even Tony Dungy was asked if they were going to kick to Hester in the Super Bowl and he elected to try and send a message to his team and we all know how that turned out.

Focus on what he excelled at, not his stats as a WR. Hester may not make it into the HoF the first year he’s eligible, but he definitely deserves to be in.

He'll get in the same reason Gale Sayers got in despite stats and longevity.....his SHEER IMPACT on the game
Hester made the NFL change the Rules...Only Bob Hayes had that type of Impact...Anyone who thinks Hester doesn't deserve a Bust in Canton, are delusional...

Advertisement
Back