OT-Hester to hall?

I'm not sure it's going to be so easy. https://sports.yahoo.com/former-bea...bt-****-be-in-the-hall-of-fame-134122264.html

Advertisement
I don't know...to my knowledge, other than Ray Guy, no dedicated ST player has entered the hall.

There is no doubt he is the best kick returner ever, but on its own, is it enough to be selected for the Hall?

IF he gets in, it would be a good, long while.

I'll likely be an old man when it happens.

"Eeeeeheeee, he was doing that for us when it was all about the U. Eeeheee, back in mah day, players actually tackled each other...and we was bettah for it. We got dem 10 national championships and the Gators havent beat us in 60 years....time for mah diaper changing; I got orange & green 'uns. Come 'ere you whippasnapper, let me tell you about Sean Tayyyylor. EeeeEEeeeeheeeee....."

Last edited:
Advertisement
If they didn’t change the rule he would have had at least 3 more returns for tds. He almost housed 2 in the playoff game against Atlanta when he was on Seattle. A joy to watch in Chicago for years.

If a kicker can be, why not a returner?

It took Ray 30 years to get in. And he was considered one of the best, if not the best, punters of all time.

Don't get me wrong; I think hes deserving and should be in. But the way the power structure is with the voters and the players inducted, I don't see them putting ST players on high priority.

As much as it irritates me, because I hate Notre Dame, but it is a crime that Ricky Waters is not in the Hall of Fame, and those kind of players should be in before Hester. The only reason Ricky Watters isn't in is because of his bad attitude.

And to take it a step further, it is also a crime that Barry Bonds and Pete Rose are not in the Hall Of Fame of baseball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He should be a first ballot HOF, he was the most electrifying return man in NFL history.

The problem might be if they haven't voted in Brian Mitchell yet, they might make Hester wait.

Hester has most Special Team Return TD's in NFL history at 20, but he's 2nd behind Mitchell in total KR & PR yards.

He has over 11,000yds return yards, but Mitchell because he played longer than DH has him by about 3,000+ yards.

But Hester is a 4 time Pro bowler & 3 time NFL All-pro, Mitchell only made 1 pro bowl in his career & never made an all-pro team.

He deserves to be in the HOF, but you never know with the voters, they have a very arbitrary process with how they vote some guys in.

Advertisement
It took Ray 30 years to get in. And he was considered one of the best, if not the best, punters of all time.

Don't get me wrong; I think hes deserving and should be in. But the way the power structure is with the voters and the players inducted, I don't see them putting ST players on high priority.

As much as it irritates me, because I hate Notre Dame, but it is a crime that Ricky Waters is not in the Hall of Fame, and those kind of players should be in before Hester. The only reason Ricky Watters isn't in is because of his bad attitude.

And to take it a step further, it is also a crime that Barry Bonds and Pete Rose are not in the Hall Of Fame of baseball.
Stenurud was in before Guy...

Advertisement

I don't know...to my knowledge, other than Ray Guy, no dedicated ST player has entered the hall.

There is no doubt he is the best kick returner ever, but on its own, is it enough to be selected for the Hall?

IF he gets in, it would be a good, long while.

I'll likely be an old man when it happens.

"Eeeeeheeee, he was doing that for us when it was all about the U. Eeeheee, back in mah day, players actually tackled each other...and we was bettah for it. We got dem 10 national championships and the Gators havent beat us in 60 years....time for mah diaper changing; I got orange & green 'uns. Come 'ere you whippasnapper, let me tell you about Sean Tayyyylor. EeeeEEeeeeheeeee....."

You're going to be SCARY to be around when you get old.... Lol

Advertisement
Back