OT: HBO's 'Paterno' Trailer

Advertisement
Not me.

That whole incident and the way it unfolded showed an cult of putting wins and athletics over the safety of children. I still feel disgusted and almost nauseous when I hear the words, 'Sandusky', 'Paterno', 'Penn State'.

The fact that the fanbase went nuts over Paterno being fired and not going nuts over kids being raped...well..

I just dont know how anyone can be a Penn State fan, alumni or not.

Added to the fact that PSU really didnt get punished in the long run...

I said it after Sandusky went to prison; if it happened here, the program would be shut down. As it should. They covered up child rape for the benefit of the football program. Paterno knew and the Administration knew.

Frankly, if something like that happened here, I don't even know if I would watch college football ever again.

Not me.

That whole incident and the way it unfolded showed an cult of putting wins and athletics over the safety of children. I still feel disgusted and almost nauseous when I hear the words, 'Sandusky', 'Paterno', 'Penn State'.

The fact that the fanbase went nuts over Paterno being fired and not going nuts over kids being raped...well..

I just dont know how anyone can be a Penn State fan, alumni or not.

Added to the fact that PSU really didnt get punished in the long run...

I said it after Sandusky went to prison; if it happened here, the program would be shut down. As it should. They covered up child rape for the benefit of the football program. Paterno knew and the Administration knew.

Frankly, if something like that happened here, I don't even know if I would watch college football ever again.
Baylor and Michigan State are just as bad.
All 3 programs should get the death penalty (MSUs wasn't so much football/basketball as everything else though)

Baylor and Michigan State are just as bad.
All 3 programs should get the death penalty (MSUs wasn't so much football/basketball as everything else though)

I put Baylor in a diff group just because it wasn't dealing with kids. Nevertheless, Baylor, like the other two, deserves every bad thing that comes their way.

I think if Miami was caught up in something like this I would question my fandom.

Advertisement
I'm not a Penn State fan at all and it goes farther back than the Sandusky abomination.
Specifically, when I moved to the Balt-DC area in the early 1980s, I learned how vast the PSU alum and
fan base is in this part of the country, and even more so since I was Maryland student and witnessed them
filling up Maryland's stadium as if they were the home team.
Their alums were just as pompous and even more cult-like than the uf and NLame fan base.
Their program could do no wrong and they quoted Paterno like he was one of Jesus' disciples, and
the stuff they said about our program and its players...people about talk about the racist SEC fans, these
folks were just as bad, often worse.
A bunch of close-minded northeastern bigots.
But I will say this, their younger fans seem to be a little bit more humble and not as arrogant as their older
brethren, and I think it has to do with the Sandusky stuff.
They know if they even say something about another program that they will get it 10x worse, and deservedly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back