OT: happy national croqueta day

cangrejo y jaiba are different. cangrejo is any type of crab, jaiba is a specific type of crab.
I understand that they are two different things in the rest of the world. IN TAMPA, no one says cangrejo. IN TAMPA, every Spanish speaking person who has been here for some time says jaiba for all crab. We have crazy Spanish slang words here for a lot of things. I can tell if a Spanish speaking person is from Tampa pretty quickly by their dialect. We have a unique sound.
 
I understand that they are two different things in the rest of the world. IN TAMPA, no one says cangrejo. IN TAMPA, every Spanish speaking person who has been here for some time says jaiba for all crab. We have crazy Spanish slang words here for a lot of things. I can tell if a Spanish speaking person is from Tampa pretty quickly by their dialect. We have a unique sound.

i am aware. i know the Tampa Cuban dialect.
 
There’s also decent croquetas that the Portuguese make made out of bacalao (cod).

There is a restaurant in South MIA that makes them.
 
Back
Top