- Joined
- Jun 3, 2012
- Messages
- 10,708
Those are “devil crabs” my friend. We Tampa people don’t consider those croquettas…Crab croquettes in Tampa. Ybor City. Its been a long time for me, but my sister was there recently and said they are still great. The place we used to get them from was the Silver Dollar.
There were several places in Ybor city to buy them. Some hot sauce and a cold beer and they was the best.
Hot take: Islas Canarias are okay but I think they are a bit overrated. Maybe I went on a bad day?
I do think their Cuban Sanbdwhich is the best I have ever had though.
There is a place on South beach called Puerto Sagua that I think has croquetas that were great. But that was more than a decade ago.
My mothers side of the family is from Ybor City. They always called them croquetas. Never once did I hear deviled crabs. In fact my cousin told me the other day they went to Ybor city just for the croquetas.Those are “devil crabs” my friend. We Tampa people don’t consider those croquettas…
They are one of the best foods on the planet though. Brocatos has a killer devil crab
Yea what do I know. I refuse to argue over croquetas. Thanks for clarifyingMy mothers side of the family is from Ybor City. They always called them croquetas. Never once did I hear deviled crabs. In fact my cousin told me the other day they went to Ybor city just for the croquetas.
Those are “devil crabs” my friend. We Tampa people don’t consider those croquettas…
They are one of the best foods on the planet though. Brocatos has a killer devil crab
Google that and see if that even exists in Tampa. I know I said I was t going to argue, but I am going to educate…Croquetas de cangrejo
Best spot in Atlanta?
Google that and see if that even exists in Tampa. I know I said I was t going to argue, but I am going to educate…
In Tampa, we don’t call crab “cangrejo”. We call all crab “jaiba”. When I say we, I mean everyone in the entire city. We also have never ever sold croquetas de cangrejo. If you come to ybor or west Tampa and ask for a croqueta de jaiba, they are going to give you a deviled crab for a 100% fact. I live here, I was born here, and my family has been here for decades. Deviled crabs arent available anywhere outside of Tampa. They are a food that the city is known for.