OT: Happy 45th anniversary to the "Thrilla in Manilla"

Advertisement
One of the most brutal fights ever between two icons. RIP Ali/Frazier
Just re-watched it last night. Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to watch it. If you're a fight fan gotta be at the top of the list. There are rounds where is seems like nether fighter misses one punch. It's beautifully brutal.

Go Canes!

The first fight was always the best I thought... The left Fraizer landed that broke Ali's jaw was one of the best punches ever.... And add to the fact that Ali kept fighting made it even crazier...

<nods>

About as close as I've ever seen two men beat each other to death.

I know this was one of Ali's finest moments, but Joe Frazier did not want the fight stopped. Couldn't see, beat to ****, he still wanted to go out. Eddie Futch stopped the fight.

"I WANT HIM BOSS. I want him!"

Also during the fight, as Frazier was finding his stroke and punishing Ali, Ali told him, "They told me you was washed up Joe."

Joe responded, "They told you WRONG, pretty boy!" and kept working.

I'll admit Ali is arguably the greatest of all time.

But Frazier is my favorite. Fought boiling with rage.

Advertisement
<nods>

About as close as I've ever seen two men beat each other to death.

I know this was one of Ali's finest moments, but Joe Frazier did not want the fight stopped. Couldn't see, beat to ****, he still wanted to go out. Eddie Futch stopped the fight.

"I WANT HIM BOSS. I want him!"

Also during the fight, as Frazier was finding his stroke and punishing Ali, Ali told him, "They told me you was washed up Joe."

Joe responded, "They told you WRONG, pretty boy!" and kept working.

I'll admit Ali is arguably the greatest of all time.

But Frazier is my favorite. Fought boiling with rage.
Awesome trilogy!!!
A lot of good moments
Best trilogy I’ve seen though is Ward V Gatti
30 rounds and almost every round was a war in itself!

Advertisement
Back