OT: Gionni Paul AAF

Advertisement
Yeah I read this story this morning. Terrible.

I blame the NFL for not developing a league with the G-League in the NBA.

Yeah I read this story this morning. Terrible.

I blame the NFL for not developing a league with the G-League in the NBA.
Why is it the NFL owners responsibility to support other players who are not good enough for the NFL? There is no reason for a G league for the NFL. The NCAA is working pretty well for thousands of young men

Probably time for Paul to get started on that coaching career, and move on from playing days.

Limited injury concerns as a coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why is it the NFL owners responsibility to support other players who are not good enough for the NFL? There is no reason for a G league for the NFL. The NCAA is working pretty well for thousands of young men

At some point, the kids have to take personal responsibility. There are 10K kids on scholarship in Division I football. Maybe a couple of hundred make an NFL roster. Most of them will be out of the league in 3 years.

That being said I do blame these football factory schools that do nothing for a lot their kids other than give them lip service. Keep them eligible, encourage them to pursue a b.s. major and then wish them the best of luck when their eligibility is over.

I think Miami does a good job here. On a side note--a guy like Chad Wilson can come back years later and finish his education on the university's dime only to ***** all over his alma mater years later via his kids.

Probably time for Paul to get started on that caching career, and move on from playing days.

Well, hopefully he finished his degree because he cannot coach without one at the high school (yes, he can be a non-faculty assistant making maybe a grand in a state like Virginia) or at college level without one.

Well, hopefully he finished his degree because he cannot coach without one at the high school (yes, he can be a non-faculty assistant making maybe a grand in a state like Virginia) or at college level without one.

If I'm him, I'm working with Utah on the rehab AND getting all the degree requirements for coaching.

Playing days are done.

There it is again...an Internet acronym...OT....The other day there was a lot of confusion in one CIS member's mind about what SIAP meant....

Internet messaging and texting shorthand is like a language unto itself....With that in mind, I have put together a list of commonly used Internet acronyms and shorthand specifically for the older crew, like myself, who may need a little assistance keeping up with the young whippersnappers.

Older CIS members, pay attention:

Advertisement
Sad news for the young man. But since he just lost his job, that would constitute a Qualifying Event so he should be able to sign up for Obamacare and be eligible immediately for coverage I believe.

Go Canes
And pre-existing conditions are covered. So he’s fine!

Ice Harris didn't have His degree when He was the HC at BTW, but He did need His degree to coach at UM.

Probably time for Paul to get started on that caching career, and move on from playing days.

Except if you coach at Miami where CIS causes bruised egos and hurt feelings.

Sad news for the young man. But since he just lost his job, that would constitute a Qualifying Event so he should be able to sign up for Obamacare and be eligible immediately for coverage I believe.

Go Canes
First of all there is no such legal thing as Obamacare. It's the Affordable Healthcare Act. With all that has been done to diminish this act so the insurance companies can take more and give even less coverage, this "may be" considered an existing disease or injury and disqualify the guy for coverage. So who knows!

Advertisement
At some point, the kids have to take personal responsibility. There are 10K kids on scholarship in Division I football. Maybe a couple of hundred make an NFL roster. Most of them will be out of the league in 3 years.

That being said I do blame these football factory schools that do nothing for a lot their kids other than give them lip service. Keep them eligible, encourage them to pursue a b.s. major and then wish them the best of luck when their eligibility is over.

I think Miami does a good job here. On a side note--a guy like Chad Wilson can come back years later and finish his education on the university's dime only to ***** all over his alma mater years later via his kids.

I don't know what you expect. Even Miami fans complain about high standards and how we need to let the kids skip class and whatever else they want in order to win. What would you expect from schools that exist for nothing but football. I'm personally glad it hasn't happened, but schools should probably stick with teaching kids and not be in the business of sports. There's a basic conflict of interest between academics and sports (money) and sports (money) usually wins.

Because only 1% of College entries actually even make the opening day Roster

Advertisement
I don't know what you expect. Even Miami fans complain about high standards and how we need to let the kids skip class and whatever else they want in order to win. What would you expect from schools that exist for nothing but football. I'm personally glad it hasn't happened, but schools should probably stick with teaching kids and not be in the business of sports. There's a basic conflict of interest between academics and sports (money) and sports (money) usually wins.

I expect better and so should that dump of an organization headquartered in Indianapolis. Schools that exist for nothing but football need to be held accountable. Most Miami fans who complain about the high standards are football fans only. How many athletes actually get turned away? Not many. I think for the most part Miami does it right. The university does not have "puppy mill" degrees so let athletes can major in nonsense to play ball. Miami also has a program that allows for athletes to return to finish their degrees. Miami's issues with football recruiting is mostly due to its last 4 coaching regimes and poor performance on the field. Of the kids who committed to Miami, and then ended up at Alabama or LSU or elsewhere, how many would not have qualified?

I expect better and so should that dump of an organization headquartered in Indianapolis. Schools that exist for nothing but football need to be held accountable. Most Miami fans who complain about the high standards are football fans only. How many athletes actually get turned away? Not many. I think for the most part Miami does it right. The university does not have "puppy mill" degrees so let athletes can major in nonsense to play ball. Miami also has a program that allows for athletes to return to finish their degrees. Miami's issues with football recruiting is mostly due to its last 4 coaching regimes and poor performance on the field. Of the kids who committed to Miami, and then ended up at Alabama or LSU or elsewhere, how many would not have qualified?
Miami does have "puppy mill degrees." They just don't have insane names like whatever it was that was Tim Tebow's degree. You are spot on otherwise.

Advertisement
Back