OT: Fumble into the Endzone Rule

Should they change the rule if a player fumbles out of the end zone?

• Team who fumbles it should get it at the 2

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Don't change it, other team gets ball on the 25 headed the opposite direction

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Other - write in

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

407cane

All-ACC
Dumbest rule in the sport

A player can fumble on the one inch line and the team retains possession, fumble 1 inch later behind the pylon and out of bounds and the other team gets the Ball and a 25 yard head start. make it make sense

Confused Tell Me GIF by Graduation

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your question and your descriptions are two different events. I agree fumbling out of the end zone should just put the ball at the 2. But Shipley and Parrish didn't fumble through the end zone, they fumbled into the end zone.

Your question and your descriptions are two different events. I agree fumbling out of the end zone should just put the ball at the 2. But Shipley and Parrish didn't fumble through the end zone, they fumbled into the end zone.
touche, went down a rabbit hole and got mixed up. my main premise is out of the end zone and I've corrected

Advertisement
Entire sport is geared to the offense. A nice albeit weird wrinkle to the game to incentivize a big defensive play. I like it

It’s the dumbest rule in any sport. You’re penalized for being in the best possible field position

Advertisement
Back