OT - FSU vs South Florida

Cane Fan 4 Life

Freshman
FSU 34
South Florida 14

I watched the majority of the game and was of course hoping for an upset. Cook had a few monster runs was the only reason FSU won. Cook was dangerous in the open field. The score should have been closer as Cook's last TD came in absolute garbage time.

South Florida had some missed tackles, but no where near the amount we had against FAU.

I did not see anything good out of Golson. The only throws he completed were to wide open WRs.

If Miami puts 8 in the box to eliminate big plays from Cook, and force Golson to beat us with his arm, we win this year.

Anyone else watch the game? For all of the X's and O's guys, what are your thoughts?

Advertisement
I watched most of it. I didn't want usf to best fsu. I want the u to be the first team to beat them this yr. I thought golson looked terrible but he still has a few wks to settle into the system before the play us. Hopefully our run d gets better or cook is going to run all over us.

If our run d is even adequate i think we beat them.

Yes USF had opportunities and didn't take advantage. They're defense was putting pressure on Golson the whole day.

They just couldn't contain cook, but when they did he felt it. USF is a QB away from being legit. Their running back Mack was running very hard I'm impressed how USF was pounding FSU.

It was like our game key miss tackles and few turnovers on fsu side cost the Bulls, like 5 turnovers cost the owls.

I see positives and negatives on both sides. FSU is vulnerable same can be said about Clemson right now.

We can beat them both with perfect game plan and the staff can make proper adjustments if needed... if they need a lesson they can watch Oklahoma vs Tennessee and learn something from Bob Stoops

Last edited:
FSU 34
South Florida 14

I watched the majority of the game and was of course hoping for an upset. Cook had a few monster runs was the only reason FSU won. Cook was dangerous in the open field. The score should have been closer as Cook's last TD came in absolute garbage time.

South Florida had some missed tackles, but no where near the amount we had against FAU.

I did not see anything good out of Golson. The only throws he completed were to wide open WRs.

If Miami puts 8 in the box to eliminate big plays from Cook, and force Golson to beat us with his arm, we win this year.

Anyone else watch the game? For all of the X's and O's guys, what are your thoughts?

This will never happen under this abortion of a staff. It's much more likely that we play 2 deep safeties while 2 gapping upfront trying to keep everything in front of us.
Cook will rip off 8-12 yards at a clip but this staff will be more concerned about Golson beating us deep. Cook and Golson then proceed to methodically gash us for a combined 300 yards rushing at 7.5 yds a clip.

Then in the post game presser Golden will claim a moral victory boasting that the defense didn't give up any "explosives".

YThey're defense was putting pressure on Golson the whole day.
We need 5 to put pressure, that means FSus talented Wrs will be open. Golson doesnt have to be good, just smart enough to find the wide open man like he did against usf. And the end result against us will be the same.

Advertisement
We need 5 to put pressure, that means FSus talented Wrs will be open. Golson doesnt have to be good, just smart enough to find the wide open man like he did against usf. And the end result against us will be the same.

He didn't look too bright today buddy... more shook, the bulls dl were on his *** today

He didn't look too bright today buddy... more shook, the bulls dl were on his *** today

There is a difference between actually being smart and being just smart enough.

He looked good last week, not so much this week. That's football though and to win, other guys have to pick up your slack if you have a night off.

Advertisement
FSU 34
South Florida 14

Miami can put 10 guys in the box and still won't stop Cook.

Advertisement
Notre dame 3 string quarterback is garbage gholston took a quarter and half to complete a pass and it was a bubble screen lol

Think I've seen teams lose to D2 schools, and then turn around and be us three weeks later. So that game means nothing for us imo

FSU beats us by 40, let's be real

When has this ever happened, FSU hasn't been that type team since the end of the national championship run

They key to beating FSU is quite clear put Golson under duress, attack their linebackers in coverage

Will this be excited is whole other thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back