OT Friday Night Real Talk Hot Takes

I’m the opposite , chicken is overrated. So is Popeyes.

Got to jump in out of love of chicken. Publix thighs are usually under cooked which is unforgivable with chicken. Tenders are decent but I don’t like pepper much so I seldom get them. Popeyes whole pieces mild are to commercial fried chicken as Butch Davis is to college recruiting at Miami. Chick-fil-A rules the tenders contest.

Back in mid 90s Walmart use to batter their own fresh chicken. That was best grocery store chicken. Then they changed to ready to cook and it sucked. Today, Winn Dixie 8 piece is good if you eat it before it cools to much. Beasts are best. Sucks as leftover.

Advertisement
Overrated and the price for that garbage is even more insulting. I literally live 50 yards away from one and drive by that ****** to get fried chicken

Where do you get chicken better than Popeyes? I’ll try it. Been trying to find something close to my Pop’s, RIP, for over 40 years.

Where do you get chicken better than Popeyes? I’ll try it. Been trying to find something close to my Pop’s, RIP, for over 40 years.

Honestly I’ll go to publix or Harvey’s ( grocery store deli ) before that . Even KFC is better to me and it’s not good.

Honestly I’ll go to publix or Harvey’s ( grocery store deli ) before that . Even KFC is better to me and it’s not good.

KFC > Popeyes?!

5461D516-7864-42A2-953E-FBEC9431FBE5.gif

Publix subs are great! Order multi grain roll with Boars Head Italian meats, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, jalapeño peppers, onions, mayo/mustard combo & a splash of sub dressing with salt & pepper. The best!

Advertisement

That’s disappointing. I thought maybe you knew a secret. Too much pepper in kfc for me, although their grilled chicken is good, but breast are too dry. Guess I’ll still with Popeyes.

Advertisement
That’s disappointing. I thought maybe you knew a secret. Too much pepper in kfc for me, although their grilled chicken is good, but breast are too dry. Guess I’ll still with Popeyes.

That tells you how much Popeyes sucks , there’s nothing here and I still pass by. My mom had the bomb fried chicken but she’s not in good health anymore. So the days of moms cooking are gone.

That tells you how much Popeyes sucks , there’s nothing here and I still pass by. My mom had the bomb fried chicken but she’s not in good health anymore. So the days of moms cooking are gone.

Nothing compares with good home cooks. I gave up trying to replicate my Pop’s. Finally I stopped using breading and started frying thighs without any coating in fresh bacon grease. Took a while but now they turn out great and are my favoite chicken. Problem is first I have to fry bunch of bacon and then the chicken and I have to do all the work. Wings come out fine but I am not big on wings. Breast come out dry so never cook them. For some reason the legs can’t match up to the thighs even though legs are my favorite, so things have become our staple. All that said, when Winn Dixie has 8 piece on sale for 4.99 I am all in on that. It is good enough and you can’t cook your own that cheap.

Shame on the lot of you for disrespecting Popeyes. Shame!!

Excluding your grandmas kitchen, it’s the GOAT

Advertisement
Has anyone tried that big *** cinnamon roll from Publix. That will mos def get you in with the paranos biguns. I know how to bait those in.

Nothing compares with good home cooks. I gave up trying to replicate my Pop’s. Finally I stopped using breading and started frying thighs without any coating in fresh bacon grease. Took a while but now they turn out great and are my favoite chicken. Problem is first I have to fry bunch of bacon and then the chicken and I have to do all the work. Wings come out fine but I am not big on wings. Breast come out dry so never cook them. For some reason the legs can’t match up to the thighs even though legs are my favorite, so things have become our staple. All that said, when Winn Dixie has 8 piece on sale for 4.99 I am all in on that. It is good enough and you can’t cook your own that cheap.

I feel ya , but home cooked fried chicken is the best , I know a good receipe but I dislike to cook , I mean clean up.

Advertisement
Both suck. Tenders batter has no flavor. Publix subs are just board head in ****** bread

Advertisement
Back