Off-Topic OT: Fort Lauderdale

Do any bottle shops ever have the j Wakefield sours, cycle/angry chair/funky Buddha stouts/porters? I have no idea if there is any distribution of those. I used to trade for their stuff back in the day and would love to fill my hotel mini fridge during FSU weekend if so.

Advertisement
Do any bottle shops ever have the j Wakefield sours, cycle/angry chair/funky Buddha stouts/porters? I have no idea if there is any distribution of those. I used to trade for their stuff back in the day and would love to fill my hotel mini fridge during FSU weekend if so.
The og bottleshop in Fort Lauderdale is riverside market. They have a pretty good selection but not a ton of rares.

Laser wolf is og bottleshop #2 and usually has a great selection, and being that they are walking distance to invasive its a great stop.

Craft beer cellar in North Lauderdale is ok and has a few more rare beers Than riverside ie other half, equilibrium etc but it's a small place.

Funky buddah stouts are pretty easy to get and are widely in distro and quite frankly their stouts are the only beer worth drinking. They've gone massively downhill since they sold.

J Wakefield isn't easy to get outside of the brewery.

Angry chair is in st Pete but you can find it at laser wolf every now and then or craft beer cellar

Last edited:
@Mklein13 ....my go to the past 6 months in Ft Myers has been Bruno's of Brooklyn. Last time I went I was served this masterpiece (Veal Parmesan, with the bone in) an extraordinary work of art. For me to call the Executive Chef out of the kitchen to compliment him, tells you all you need to know.View attachment 210417
Is the restaurant still there?

Advertisement
The og bottleshop in Fort Lauderdale is riverside market. They have a pretty good selection but not a ton of rates.

Laser wolf is og bottleshop #2 and usually has a great selection, and being that they are walking distance to invasive its a great stop.

Craft beer cellar in North Lauderdale is ok and has a few more rare beers Than riverside ie other half, equilibrium etc

Funky buddah stouts are pretty easy to get and are widely in distro and quite frankly their stouts are the only beer worth drinking. They've gone massively downhill since they sold.

Angry chair is in st Pete but you can find it at laser wolf every now and then or craft beer cellar
Thanks for the info! It has been several years since I traded for anything from Florida so good to know on FB. But I remember the angry chair/ cycle adjuncts being pretty good so if I see them great, if not no big deal. I will be staying close to J Wakefield taproom from the looks of it so that will be easy to hit up and probably what I end up drinking most.

Heading to Fort Lauderdale for a week beginning next week with the woman. Been there a few times already, 2018 being the most recent. Hit up a few of the popular spots on Las Olas but was curious to see if anyone had any good bars/restaurant recommendations. Thanks in advance.
Atlantic in Delray is a new "it scene" just a touch North.

Kaluz is good eats/atmosphere on intracoastal.

Advertisement
Flagler Village has several great spots....awesome cookie place (was Batch, now Blueprint)...each one fresh made and when gone, they gone.

People drive for an hour to get one.

Advertisement
Staying in Dania just Saturday night since we get in really late so maybe head to 3 Sons before moving hotels Sunday. Appreciate it.
3 Sons has great beer and some of the best food in Dania. Invasive Species also has phenomenal beer as well.

The og bottleshop in Fort Lauderdale is riverside market. They have a pretty good selection but not a ton of rares.

Craft beer cellar in North Lauderdale is ok and has a few more rare beers Than riverside ie other half, equilibrium etc but it's a small place.

It really is a shame about Funky Buddha. Their Last Buffalo in the Park basically sparked my love for really good craft beer.

Advertisement
It really is a shame about Funky Buddha. Their Last Buffalo in the Park basically sparked my love for really good craft beer.
as far as im concerned it's the only bottle from Funky worth buying, I've got a couple of the special barrel variants they did (one in jack barrels and one in Jim barrels) that I have laying around. Last snow is decent on occasion and maybe Morning Wood, everything else esp their core beers are just nasty and undrinkable.

3 Son's is crushing the stout/porter/adjuncts game right now. Unbelievably good stuff worth chasing. The IPA Collab's are good too.

For Hazy's no one and I mean no one in the state is doing it better than Invasive, ill put their Hazy's against anyone's - Civil Society, J Wakefield, Angry Chair, Corp ladder etc. **** I'd put them up against Monkish and Treehouse while im at it.

as far as im concerned it's the only bottle from Funky worth buying, I've got a couple of the special barrel variants they did (one in jack barrels and one in Jim barrels) that I have laying around. Last snow is decent on occasion and maybe Morning Wood, everything else esp their core beers are just nasty and undrinkable.

3 Son's is crushing the stout/porter/adjuncts game right now. Unbelievably good stuff worth chasing. The IPA Collab's are good too.

For Hazy's no one and I mean no one in the state is doing it better than Invasive, ill put their Hazy's against anyone's - Civil Society, J Wakefield, Angry Chair, Corp ladder etc. **** I'd put them up against Monkish and Treehouse while im at it.
Agreed, with all of the above. I keep telling people it's tough to beat Invasive on IPAs. Their sours too.

Advertisement
Back