Off-Topic OT: Fort Lauderdale beaches

Advertisement
Good stuff. My wife tried making chicken tagine once. I like the beef shawarma, never had the chicken
I did not want to like the shawarma since I have had so many versions here in Chicago and was like why did you order that?
Then when I ate it it turned out to be one of my favorite dishes of my vacation. It tasted almost stewed in the marinade , the pita was so thin and warm and the garlic mayo on the side was kind of addicting.

The Tagine I thought was going to be a bit more sweet since it had prunes in it but it was savory and had a weird looking green tint to it.
It was delicious but also not what I was expecting.

Advertisement
I did not want to like the shawarma since I have had so many versions here in Chicago and was like why did you order that?
Then when I ate it it turned out to be one of my favorite dishes of my vacation. It tasted almost stewed in the marinade , the pita was so thin and warm and the garlic mayo on the side was kind of addicting.

The Tagine I thought was going to be a bit more sweet since it had prunes in it but it was savory and had a weird looking green tint to it.
It was delicious but also not what I was expecting.

Yeah I’ve seen it cooked with prunes before, probably the green tint was from some of the spices?

Advertisement
Just got back from a vacation in the area.

Hollywood beach was just not as great as I remember. Lot's more homeless looking people.
(Still was fun though.)

I mentioned this in another thread but my favorite beach is still Deerfield Beach.
The Wyndham near the pier had good sliders and club sandwiches basically right on the beach.
And very friendly people working at the umbrella/chair rentals.
If you do not mind the drive of about 25-30 minutes or so I'd say give it a visit.
That's because you probably hung around Margaritaville instead of by Positano near Sheridan st. Locals know to stay away from the band shell unless you want to mix in with the homeless and rift raft.

Hollywood beach was just not as great as I remember. Lot's more homeless looking people.
(Still was fun though.)

I mentioned this in another thread but my favorite beach is still Deerfield Beach.
The Wyndham near the pier had good sliders and club sandwiches basically right on the beach.

If you do not mind the drive of about 25-30 minutes or so I'd say give it a visit.
One of my very favorite beaches. Can't go wrong in that area.

Advertisement

(Still was fun though.)

Yep, Deerfield beach is nice and relaxed.

Also Pompano beach just north of Atlantic Blvd has recently gotten a facelift and is set up nice for families.

Advertisement
Back