OT: For my fellow coaching search geeks....

MedleyCane

Senior
Looking at you LibertyCityEl!

The AFCA identifies 35 coaches under 35 years of age on annual basis.
These are names to keep an eye on going forward.

Advertisement
Interesting to see where these names are in the next 5 years. 2025 pull this thread up and see who's moved up and who's washed out.

Zach Arnett is a beast DC, did phenomenal job at SD State & just this offseason was hired by Babers at Cuse then 11 days later got swooped by Leach once he got the Miss St job. He's a guy I've mentioned on here plenty of times, Rocky Long disciple.

Rod Chance a CB's coach originally from Broward did a great job at Minnesota & just got hired yesterday by Cristobal at Oregon to replace Donté Williams (who also should've been on this list).

Vic So'oto was at UVA & was just hired by USC today, he played & coached at BYU with Mendenhall.

Caid Faske is a good one too, he's another Southland Conference coach with good potential, he's DL coach st SFA, started out at West Texas A&M & was at TAMU Commerce & North Texas.

Paul Gonzales is a good Safeties coach at TCU, he's a West coast San Jose guy that came from that UC Davis program that was lead by Bob Biggs, who if you didn't know was Chris Petersen's (UW) coach & mentor, gave him his first coaching job.

This was a good list, but there's several others I would've added from the Southland conference, that's where most of the best Offensive coaches will be coming from over the next decade. Central Arkansas, SFA, Southeastern Louisiana, Northwestern St, Houston Baptist, Abilene Christian, McNeese St, Sam Houston, Lamar etc, those schools all have very good young upcoming X's & O's gurus.

Advertisement
Back