OT-Florida Reportedly Faces 2nd Title IX Investigation

Title IX had good intentions; however, it has become bad legislation. Colleges and universities need to stop all adjudication of these cases; they should be remanded to the criminal/civil courts. Nothing to see here...yet.

Sooooo...we should go back to the days when colleges and universities could allow rape reports to go uninvestigated?
Come on, you're better than that. Of course I'm not saying that ANYONE should be allowed to rape but it's a known fact that many of the reported and non-reported rape cases would never be heard outside of a university environment. Just google: title IX, Harvard professors... and you'll see where lawyers and law professors are concerned about the overreach of title IX.

You are so full of ****e. It is not a "known fact". And as for "non-reported" rape cases, yes, the would never be heard. Period. Because they are non-reported.

Please do us all a favor, and never ever EVER go to law school.

Advertisement
Title IX had good intentions; however, it has become bad legislation. Colleges and universities need to stop all adjudication of these cases; they should be remanded to the criminal/civil courts. Nothing to see here...yet.

Sooooo...we should go back to the days when colleges and universities could allow rape reports to go uninvestigated?
Come on, you're better than that. Of course I'm not saying that ANYONE should be allowed to rape but it's a known fact that many of the reported and non-reported rape cases would never be heard outside of a university environment. Just google: title IX, Harvard professors... and you'll see where lawyers and law professors are concerned about the overreach of title IX.

You are so full of ****e. It is not a "known fact". And as for "non-reported" rape cases, yes, the would never be heard. Period. Because they are non-reported.

Clearly, I gave you far too much credit; obviously, you're NOT better than that. Oh, well. Anyway, right now you're being real emotional so I don't expect you to admit that you don't know what you think you do about title IX. The legislation is overreach.

Clearly, I gave you far too much credit; obviously, you're NOT better than that. Oh, well. Anyway, right now you're being real emotional so I don't expect you to admit that you don't know what you think you do about title IX. The legislation is overreach.

You are a complete buffoon. You don't know anything about Title IX, other that what you read in one particular alarmist article.

Title IX did not invent a federal penalty or procedure for rape allegations. Title IX merely says that if a school has policies and procedures in place (and every single university in the country does have such policies), you have to act upon them. You can't have rules on one hand, and then fail to investigate or enforce them on the other hand.

Look, I know most of this conversation is beyond your ability to comprehend, but I'll still try. Universities have rules against rape. Nobody FORCED them to make such policies, but it goes without saying that it is wise that they do have such policies. Now, I know, you can be one of those dipsh!tes who is more worried about the one false allegation than the thousands of true cases, but sure, we can agree that a university, or a university-appointed panel, is not the ABSOLUTE BEST entity ever invented to investigate and prosecute rape. Fine. We know that universities don't have CSI departments or top-notch criminal prosecutors on their payrolls.

But they still have the right and ability to make rules and follow their own procedures. Title IX didn't force universities to adopt these rules, but if they do (and they do), then they have to follow their own rules. They can't let some random administrator be the gatekeeper on whether to investigate a rape or to sweep it under the carpet.

And let's not even act like REGULAR law enforcement is doing such a bang-up job anyhow. In many large cities, the police departments are sometimes a year or two behind in even TESTING the rape kits that they have collected during actual rape investigations.

So, sure, if you want to bemoan the fact that universities have rules, and that universities are actually allowed to investigate rape allegations and hand down NON-CRIMINAL punishments, that's up to you. But Title IX didn't create those rules, Title IX merely forces the universities to follow through on their own rules and procedures.

"Overreach". You don't even know what that means, you're just quoting some author.

And, as always, if someone is soooooo worried about being accused of rape, you're clearly doing it incorrectly.

Assuming you are "trained" in the law, here's what better professionals than you have to say about title IX. If you're not trained in the law, read it, you'll be better for it. That said, you still have your Emo juices flowing so I didn't bother read what you wrote. You lose.

http://www.saveservices.org/wp-content/uploads/Law-Professor-Open-Letter-May-16-2016.pdf
Detrimental effects of OCR overreach
1. Free speech
In the wake of these directives and enforcement actions, many universities feel obligated to investigate virtually any allegation of harassment, regardless of its objective merit. These complaints are often cloaked in language such as “micro-aggressions” or a “lack of safe space.” By virtue of their vague and subjective nature, these allegations are not amenable to being disproven in any legal sense. In an attempt to forestall such complaints, many colleges have established so- called “free speech zones” and implemented speech codes banning words presumed to be offensive.30
Expanding upon this dubious logic, some campus advocates are now seeking immunity from criticism of their unlawful actions.
Foundation for Individual Rights in Education. These developments were the focus of a historic June 2, 2015 hearing of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice.32
2. Disciplinary procedures
In addition to requiring institutions to lower the threshold by which a student’s culpability is
The “demands made by these advocates frequently include
calls for limitations on expression criticizing or disagreeing with the protesters,” notes the

Advertisement
I agree its overreach, why do schools have to investigate rape if an athlete is accused? They don't do that for traditional students. Call the Campus police and the local police investigate and punish if found guilty the end. The only rule the school would need to enforce is whether or not a criminal can set foot on their campus again.

Last edited:
I agree its overreach, why do the school have to investigate rape if an athlete is accused? They don't do that for traditional students. Call the Campus police and the local police investigate and punish if found guilty the end. The only rule the school would need to enforce is whether or not a criminal can set foot on their campus again.

It's the same for non athletes as well, there is just this perception that athletes are raping willy nilly so there's pressure to punish athletes, or fraternity brothers, or anyone who has some historical "guilt". I'm not trying to defend rapists, I'm just saying the rights of the accused in some of these cases have been trampled upon.

I agree its overreach, why do schools have to investigate rape if an athlete is accused? They don't do that for traditional students. Call the Campus police and the local police investigate and punish if found guilty the end. The only rule the school would need to enforce is whether or not a criminal can set foot on their campus again.

You might be the most ignorant person on this board.

Every university in the country "investigates rape" for "traditional students".

Are you really this clueless?

Assuming you are "trained" in the law, here's what better professionals than you have to say about title IX. If you're not trained in the law, read it, you'll be better for it. That said, you still have your Emo juices flowing so I didn't bother read what you wrote. You lose.

http://www.saveservices.org/wp-content/uploads/Law-Professor-Open-Letter-May-16-2016.pdf
Detrimental effects of OCR overreach
1. Free speech
In the wake of these directives and enforcement actions, many universities feel obligated to investigate virtually any allegation of harassment, regardless of its objective merit. These complaints are often cloaked in language such as “micro-aggressions” or a “lack of safe space.” By virtue of their vague and subjective nature, these allegations are not amenable to being disproven in any legal sense. In an attempt to forestall such complaints, many colleges have established so- called “free speech zones” and implemented speech codes banning words presumed to be offensive.30
Expanding upon this dubious logic, some campus advocates are now seeking immunity from criticism of their unlawful actions.
Foundation for Individual Rights in Education. These developments were the focus of a historic June 2, 2015 hearing of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice.32
2. Disciplinary procedures
In addition to requiring institutions to lower the threshold by which a student’s culpability is
The “demands made by these advocates frequently include
calls for limitations on expression criticizing or disagreeing with the protesters,” notes the

Golly-gee...how would I be "trained" in the law? Does it count if I went to UM Law? Graduated with honors? On UM Law Review and Moot Court Board?

Keep on buffooning, buffoon.

Advertisement

So u think there is some governing body investigating rape incidents on college campuses? The campus police gets involved they investigate it bc it's a police matter don't make me embarrass you clown. Is rape the only crime that exists on campus?? The fck out my face.

I agree its overreach, why do the school have to investigate rape if an athlete is accused? They don't do that for traditional students. Call the Campus police and the local police investigate and punish if found guilty the end. The only rule the school would need to enforce is whether or not a criminal can set foot on their campus again.

It's the same for non athletes as well, there is just this perception that athletes are raping willy nilly so there's pressure to punish athletes, or fraternity brothers, or anyone who has some historical "guilt". I'm not trying to defend rapists, I'm just saying the rights of the accused in some of these cases have been trampled upon.

No, you actually are defending rapists. You're so concerned about their rights, and you are standing up for them.

Regardless of the fact that you don't know what the word "rights" means.

No, you actually are defending rapists. You're so concerned about their rights, and you are standing up for them.

Are you a transgender with this feminist bs??

So u think there is some governing body investigating rape incidents on college campuses? The campus police gets involved they investigate it bc it's a police matter don't make me embarrass you clown. Is rape the only crime that exists on campus?? The fck out my face.

You should stop posting. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Do I "think" there is a body investigating rape incidents on college campuses? I don't have to "think" it, it actually exists.

Look, you clearly never went to college, we get it. But stop talking about it like you know anything about it.

Advertisement

Do the world a favor, put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. You won't hit any brains, you don't have any, but you should pass away from blood loss.

LOL. I just ignore him. I think he believes women will like him more if he irrationally defends them.

LOL. I just ignore him. I think he believes women will like him more if he irrationally defends them.

Uh...because I point out your ignorance of the law? Or krazy's ignorance of university discipline?

You two geniuses deserve each other.

Advertisement

Uh...because I point out your ignorance of the law? Or krazy's ignorance of university discipline?

You two geniuses deserve each other.

L
O
L

Good for him. Tired of the double standard when it comes to non-sober sexual activity between adults. I saw it in the marines too many times. The man is always in the wrong in our society.

This has been a thoroughly entertaining read. Felt like I was back in school listening to classmates argue in class. Usually not such a heated tone, but I'll take it LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Betsy DeVos' changes to Title IX are having some immediate affects.

Judge stays USC Trojans' expulsion of Matt Boermeester
Boermeester, who is two classes shy of graduation, was kicked out of school in July after a monthslong investigation by the school's Title IX office that concluded he caused physical harm to his girlfriend, USC women's tennis player Zoe Katz, in January.

Katz has vehemently denied the allegations. She sat with Boermeester in court Friday.

"I want to be very clear that I have never been abused, assaulted or otherwise mistreated by Matt," Katz said in a statement in July. "He is an incredible person, and I am and have been 100 percent behind him. Nothing happened that warranted an investigation, much less the unfair, biased and drawn-out process that we have been forced to endure quietly."

In USC's official response to the petition, it asserted that its investigation found Boermeester put his hands around the neck of Katz -- identifying her as Jane Roe -- "causing her to cough, and shoved her into a cinder block wall in the alley near her apartment at least twice" in the early hours of Jan. 21. It also said Katz's initial statement to investigators supported USC's findings.

"When I told the truth about Matt, in repeated interrogations, I was stereotyped and was told I must be a 'battered' woman, and that made me feel demeaned and absurdly profiled," Katz said. "I understand that domestic violence is a terrible problem, but in no way does that apply to Matt and me."

Boermeester was not arrested and is not the subject of a police investigation.

The university's version of events differs greatly from those outlined in the petition, which described the alleged incident as "loud, consensual horseplay and laughing in the alley." The petition says it was viewed, in part, by a USC student through a window. That student told his roommate what he believed to have seen, and his roommate told his father, USC men's tennis coach Peter Smith. Smith is required by law to report any allegations of abuse to school officials, and he fulfilled his obligation.

Boermeester, who kicked the game-winning field goal in USC's Rose Bowl victory in January, was suspended on Jan. 26, at which point he was banned from campus and banned from attending any university activities. Additionally, Boermeester was notified he was not permitted to have contact with Katz "directly or indirectly by any means."

Advertisement
Back