OT: First Miami home game ever.

Jayhud11

Recruit
What’s up guys, I usually don’t post a lot on here, but Myself along with the wife are making our first trip to Miami next Wednesday-Friday for our first Miami home game, while I’m down there I’m gonna have some free time. I want to ride to the coast and check it out. Can someone give me some good food options either on or close to the beach? Also I’m open to tips on stuff to check out too, obviously making a stop at caneswear is on the top of the list! We’re staying near the stadium. Thanks. ✋🏻🤚🏻

Advertisement
What’s up guys, I usually don’t post a lot on here, but Myself along with the wife are making our first trip to Miami next Wednesday-Friday for our first Miami home game, while I’m down there I’m gonna have some free time. I want to ride to the coast and check it out. Can someone give me some good food options either on or close to the beach? Also I’m open to tips on stuff to check out too, obviously making a stop at caneswear is on the top of the list! We’re staying near the stadium. Thanks. ✋🏻🤚🏻

Yardbird is a must.

Joes Stone Crabs in South Beach - probably the most famous restaurant in South Fl. Call first for information.
You need to try a good Cuban Restaurant. That’s a Miami staple. I haven’t been a full time resident for a while so maybe some of you so maybe someone else has a suggestion. Little Havana along Calle Ocho has many restaurants.
Shorty’s Bar B Que- not far from the campus on South Dixie Highway. Make sure you get corn on the cobb(The best) with your order.
Miami doesn’t have a lot of historic sights because it’s a fairly new city but a trip the lighthouse on Key Biscayne is worth while as Key Biscayne is a neat place especially Cranston Park.
I don’t live in Miami anymore but those are nice memories for me.

Probably need to tell a little more about self, age, things you are into, what you want to check out. Wynwood would definitely be a decent place to check out but not sure if thats up your alley.

Gonna need a little more detail. Where on the beach are you staying? Are you a late night, party-type or do you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere? Miami is a big city and Hard Rock stadium is not even in the city of Miami.

Advertisement
I just recently went to Amara at Paraiso, it's a newish place in Midtown and it is crazy good with an insane view if you get a reservation outside. I really recommend it.

If you're a brunch guy, Bagatelle on the beach is hands-down the best, but be prepared to light your wallet ablaze.

Those would be my top-two recommendations!

I just recently went to Amara at Paraiso, it's a newish place in Midtown and it is crazy good with an insane view if you get a reservation outside. I really recommend it.

If you're a brunch guy, Bagatelle on the beach is hands-down the best, but be prepared to light your wallet ablaze.

Those would be my top-two recommendations!

Amara at Paradiso would be my recommendation as well.

Puerto Saugua a nice Cuban restaurant on 7th and Collins in Miami South Beach. Can't go wrong. I get the Ropa Vieja there, so good.

Advertisement

Tootsie’s!!! You can thank me later!

Advertisement
My bad guys, myself and the wife are 25. Looking for something laid back on this trip specifically. We’re staying at stadium hotel, (yes I’ve heard bad things but have also heard good things from friends) so we’ll travel to whatever beach, or uber.

Advertisement
You're probably closest to Hallendale Beach but since it's 99% condo buildings, you're better off just going slightly north to Hollywood beach. Plenty to see and do on the broadwalk. Everything from fine dining on the intercoastal to mom and pop pizza joints.

You can hit Wynwood, South Beach or even the UM campus but it will be quite a ride to any of those places from your hotel. You're actually closer to Broward county than Miami proper.

Advertisement
Back