OT: FAU

Advertisement
After the very surprising loss to Bryant they knock off a ranked ATM and blowout VaTech. They’ll be fine and still wish Miami managed to get them on their non-con this season. Hopefully they’ll meet in the Dance with the Canes coming out on top. Great for SoFL college basketball.
Yeah, FAU murdered VT 84-50.

Vlad Goldin, the 7 footer from Russia is a tall order for any opponent, including Omier (who'd be giving up 6 inches to hm).

Another concern playing FAU is that the Owls are legit 8-9 deep (if they are all healthy). Hopefully, by the Tourney, we can come closer to matching that type of bench.

It is great for So Fla basketball although the Rosado kid from Palm Beach Lakes is the only former South Fla HS player of any note on either roster.

Yeah, FAU murdered VT 84-50.

Vlad Goldin, the 7 footer from Russia is a tall order for any opponent, including Omier (who'd be giving up 6 inches to hm).

Another concern playing FAU is that the Owls are legit 8-9 deep (if they are all healthy). Hopefully, by the Tourney, we can come closer to matching that type of bench.

It is great for So Fla basketball although the Rosado kid from Palm Beach Lakes is the only former South Fla HS player of any note on either roster.

The only concern I'd have with playing FAU is the usual lack of focus/intensity after building a lead. FAU can score fast, so they could hurt us. Otherwise, there's a reason Dustin May ducked us in favor of Illinois and Arizona: We are a tough matchup for them.

Playing slow VT was a dream matchup for them. A fast, small ball team that can outscore them is very different. Bryant played small ball vs them (actually Earl Timberlake at the 5) and they struggled with it.

I agree they are very good, and deeper than us. But Omier, Cleveland, Poplar, & Pack would be the 4 best players on the floor, and we can match their pace and style of play so I'd like our chances

Advertisement
Back