OT: Electric only cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am responsible for that and the only thing for me that came close to political is analytical.

No I didn’t watch Sesame Street, I watched Rocky @ Bullwinkle, Speed Racer, Johnny Quest and Underdog with some Villa Alegre thrown in.

Political to analytical is way better than politics to analytics. For politics, I'd use lunatics, derelicts or brownie mix. Lunatics is probably the most apt for anyone who want to discuss politics and also thinks Anderson Cooper eats babies.

Sesame Street debuted in '67 I think, so should've been around then. You missed out. Groundbreaking usage of mixed media and wonderful life lessons for kids 2-6ish.

Advertisement
Political to analytical is way better than politics to analytics. For politics, I'd use lunatics, derelicts or brownie mix. Lunatics is probably the most apt for anyone who want to discuss politics and also thinks Anderson Cooper eats babies.

Sesame Street debuted in '67 I think, so should've been around then. You missed out. Groundbreaking usage of mixed media and wonderful life lessons for kids 2-6ish.
It was started on political but when I started going to politics sometimes I just kept analytic.
I was 1 that year. I’d seen it but I can’t remember liking anything but Cookie Monster when a younger sibling watched it.

You're not getting an edit, but...

america finger GIF

Advertisement
Does anyone here have an all electric vehicle? I've considered one but seeing the range they have before a recharge is discouraging. At the pump I might spend 5 minutes refilling whereas even the rapid chargers take 15 minutes but can take a lot longer per reviews I've read. I can't imagine driving one from Miami to LA.
Also my power hand tools work great for a while but eventually the batteries weaken or won't charge, how long can the batteries last in an all electric?
They have 2 vehicle charge stations at the hospital I volunteer at and 2 isn't enough as they are always occupied. How many charge stations are at the Tesla spots? Adding wait time to charge time seems to be a possibility as more people buy electric. I'm hoping the fuel cell technology works out. Iceland has the best options as far as I can see with many hydrogen fueling stations.
Not to be all negative, I see they really accelerate fast, they are quiet and in the city function well. Especially Tesla has lots of good features.
I know lots of people that have Hybrids and they make more sense with the current available options but a Tesla with a 200 mile range (optimally) doesn't seem ideal. Thoughts?
I have my eyes on the Rav4Prime. It solves all the issues you seem to have with electric cars.

You're not getting an edit, but...

america finger GIF

I'm sorry, but if you're trying to tell me that insane conspiracy theories are anywhere near a "political" discussion, I'm not hearing it. I know you're more intelligent and reasonable than that.

Separately, great use of gif from one of the funniest commercials ever.

It was started on political but when I started going to politics sometimes I just kept analytic.
I was 1 that year. I’d seen it but I can’t remember liking anything but Cookie Monster when a younger sibling watched it.

Well... I mean... it's been on ever since.

Cookie Monster is still totally the man/monster.

I've had a Teala model 3 for 2 years now.. By far best car I've ever owned.

Has 310 mile range

Advertisement

At Lucid, we’re creating a future where doing great things goes hand-in-hand with doing the right thing. That includes forging a new set of ideals for a post-luxury era rooted in fundamental values such as sustainable transportation. We were born in California — where abundant nature and high technology meet— and we’re pushing ahead with EV innovation that makes the most responsible use of the earth’s resources.”

Is this satire? Why am I paying 70 grand for an electric car if this is a “post-luxury era”???

At Lucid, we’re creating a future where doing great things goes hand-in-hand with doing the right thing. That includes forging a new set of ideals for a post-luxury era rooted in fundamental values such as sustainable transportation. We were born in California — where abundant nature and high technology meet— and we’re pushing ahead with EV innovation that makes the most responsible use of the earth’s resources.”

Is this satire? Why am I paying 70 grand for an electric car if this is a “post-luxury era”???

70 grand isn’t even available this year, not until 2022, or possibly later. If you can even buy one this year, you’re talking the $170K+ model. For around those kind of dollars, maybe a little more, I’m getting a good old fashioned Porsche 911 Turbo, and getting my money’s worth of that beautiful throaty revving roar

It's happening. GM stated they will phase out gas powered cars by 2035 and are introducing 30 electric models by 2025. I expect other Auto manufactures to follow suit.

Electric vehicles get 350 miles per charge or better and that will only improve. My dream ride already does. The Hummer EV.

Advertisement

Because...feelings.

Advertisement
Yeah costs more in gas than the flight.

Well, there's that.

There's also the aspect that the majority of the drive from West Palm to Arizona would suck balls. Who the **** wants to drive through west Texas?

I've done Fort Myers to New Orleans and it was miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back