OT - Dr. Disrespect Band on Twitch

Advertisement
I don't know why this dude has a Twitch account, but maybe he and this "Dr. Disrespect" got band for the same reason...

Advertisement
I know he plays Counterstrike religiously. His mother did a job on his head to get back at me. She heard what fun he was having playing Half Life with us so she bought him a PC and let him play whenever he wanted. Now all he does is work and play video games. He doesn't even have a driver's license and never talks to me. I hope she's happy.

Oh man i played in a few competitive cs leagues in the mid 2000's. Fun times. Gotta keep that life balance though.

TWL , CAL, CEVO. Prizes were **** .

Advertisement
I have no idea about this situation in particular, but there was a big wave of alleged #MeToo accusations with independent pro wrestling, comedy and other niche interests over the past week or so and I believe there were some Twitch streamers getting caught up in it, too.

Things ranging from being a bad boyfriend all of the way to grooming underage girls...or in Jim Cornette's case, being a CUCK...were all on the table. Some have already lost their jobs. Some men have lawyered up. Would guess that this Twitch guy probably caught some #MeToo strays. If he's not saying much, he may have lawyered up.
There was a similar deal going on in the video game industry when that stuff was going on ranging from harassment, assault, to nudes of underage girls on private discord servers. It started in the Destiny community with sexual harassment claims against @SayNoToRage and other streamers. Then it moved to other twitch streamers, managers, and now high ranking figures at AAA studios. That's why people are assuming the situation with Dr. Disrespect is #metoo related.

The one i saw was him, Ninja and Shroud going to form their own streaming platform. But the way his stream ended its gonna be something more serious.

Yeah, clearly there's no difference at all.
Some streamers are elite, and people like watching the best of the best - just watch Shroud whenever he plays a Battle Royale type game against randoms. It's like inviting Pele to your Five-a-side.

Some streamers are just entertaining and people like to chill with them while they play games.

Much like people like watching elite sports - it is what it is.

Advertisement
The one i saw was him, Ninja and Shroud going to form their own streaming platform. But the way his stream ended its gonna be something more serious.
Microsoft just failed with their streaming platform, Mixer. Ninja, Shroud and Dr Disrespect don't have the money to make it happen.

There was a similar deal going on in the video game industry when that stuff was going on ranging from harassment, assault, to nudes of underage girls on private discord servers. It started in the Destiny community with sexual harassment claims against @SayNoToRage and other streamers. Then it moved to other twitch streamers, managers, and now high ranking figures at AAA studios. That's why people are assuming the situation with Dr. Disrespect is #metoo related.
here's how it started in the video game industry

What y’all think happened?

When will we know truth?

I never watched his stream aside from a few clips here and there, so I have no emotional attachment to him. All the streamers I watch are small, play Hearthstone or are someone a little bigger like Cohh Carnage.

This whole this is just fascinating to me. Curious your thoughts.
I had never heard of this guy until the band, and now for some reason my Google feed is full of him. Is this a publicity stunt? Is he related to Joe Exotic?

Advertisement
that dude is legit funny man, i watch highlights of him and wingsofredemption. I actually started my twitch about a month and a half in
Yeah dudes hilarious man I just followed him from YouTube to twitch, I’ll check out that other dude. I was going to say I really don’t know who to watch on twitch when I have time

I will never understand twitch. Watching other people play videogames is as boring as it gets. Lol, I had to look this guy up and he's 38. Twitch probably forgot to ban him a long time ago due to aging out

so the alternative is watching people play make believe aka your general television show?

I watch them to learn how to get better at a game I play usually to see how they do things different.

No weirder than people making millions kicking a football into a net. Or making millions pretending to be a cowboy from the 1870s.

People are entertained by all sorts of things.
As someone that plays a lot of Call of Duty and actively watches certain streamers on Twitch, it's still weird. New things can be weird though. Not saying it's a bad thing.

But sports have been around for a lot longer than streaming video games. I'm sure there were some people thinking the same in the 1870s about sports before they were normalized.

It's also weird to me because we can recognize the physical grind some of these athletes go through to get to where they are. Streamers no doubt put in work but sitting in a chair for a 24 hour stream while downing 9 cans of Bang energy is a different kind of grind.

Advertisement
Back