OT - Dr. Disrespect Band on Twitch

Advertisement
Most of those streamers are trolling.

I know that Twitch ain't talkin', so it must be a legal matter. With what happened the weekend before (a load of male streamers getting #metoo'd going back 6+ years), I wouldn't like to guess what he's allegedly done. You never really know someone.

I've heard some wild stuff and didn't post it. I hope it's not a bless situation but its weird to be so radiosilent and vague when you do adress it.

Seems fishy for just copyrighted music.

I have no idea about this situation in particular, but there was a big wave of alleged #MeToo accusations with independent pro wrestling, comedy and other niche interests over the past week or so and I believe there were some Twitch streamers getting caught up in it, too.

Things ranging from being a bad boyfriend all of the way to grooming underage girls...or in Jim Cornette's case, being a CUCK...were all on the table. Some have already lost their jobs. Some men have lawyered up. Would guess that this Twitch guy probably caught some #MeToo strays. If he's not saying much, he may have lawyered up.

Some guy making millions by having people watch him play video games. Crazy times. Crazy crazy times.
Even weirder than people getting mega rich streaming themselves playing games are the parents getting mega rich filming their kids opening up toy packaging. Literally. That sh-t blows my mind. But I commend them all. Capitalism, baby!

What y’all think happened?

When will we know truth?

I never watched his stream aside from a few clips here and there, so I have no emotional attachment to him. All the streamers I watch are small, play Hearthstone or are someone a little bigger like Cohh Carnage.

This whole this is just fascinating to me. Curious your thoughts.
TBH, we might never find out the actual truth.

Advertisement
LOL Yeah, I know what it is, but it all came to be after my time. I was a massive gamer my entire life. ****, I ran a BBS in in the DC area when I was 11 years old that had over 10,000 registered accounts. That was before The Internet was even a thing. I phased through computers without hard drives, tons of PCs, consoles from the Atari all the way up through a PS3. Me and gaming were completely intertwined my whole life. But then The Altar of Children required me to sacrifice both my gaming life and my golf game. Well, that and deciding to start my own business around the same time.

So basically I know what the Twitch platform is and that a handful of people get mega rich from streaming as they play. Beyond that, nope, I've sadly turned into a "Get off my lawn!!!"-guy. LOL I absolutely plan on making a triumphant return to gaming once my youngest gets a few more years under him though.
My oldest son's a hardcore gamer, but we don't really talk, so if it's a gaming thing, I'm unaware. I remember when my neighbor got Pong for his birthday and we thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Advertisement
My oldest son's a hardcore gamer, but we don't really talk, so if it's a gaming thing, I'm unaware. I remember when my neighbor got Pong for his birthday and we thought it was the greatest thing ever.
It is very much a gamer thing, he’s probably aware and got a thought on it.

Because it WAS the greatest thing ever (at the time)! I was just chatting with a young guy from my pickup bball group on Sunday about how many of our first games were text based only. E-Mon, some baseball game that my brother and I absolutely loved and kept stats on. He couldn't wrap his mind around us enjoying playing a baseball game with only text. But we did, because at the time it's all we had. And we loved it! It is remarkable how far gaming has come. I greatly look forward to the day I'm able to dive back into it. I'm an old RPG head, so I'll probably find a new one of those to invest a portion of my life into. I have to think they are downright amazing by this point. The last RPG I was mega into was Ultima Online back in the late 90s. That still had 2d graphics.

It is very much a gamer thing, he’s probably aware and got a thought on it.
I know he plays Counterstrike religiously. His mother did a job on his head to get back at me. She heard what fun he was having playing Half Life with us so she bought him a PC and let him play whenever he wanted. Now all he does is work and play video games. He doesn't even have a driver's license and never talks to me. I hope she's happy.

Advertisement
Because it WAS the greatest thing ever (at the time)! I was just chatting with a young guy from my pickup bball group on Sunday about how many of our first games were text based only. E-Mon, some baseball game that my brother and I absolutely loved and kept stats on. He couldn't wrap his mind around us enjoying playing a baseball game with only text. But we did, because at the time it's all we had. And we loved it! It is remarkable how far gaming has come. I greatly look forward to the day I'm able to dive back into it. I'm an old RPG head, so I'll probably find a new one of those to invest a portion of my life into. I have to think they are downright amazing by this point. The last RPG I was mega into was Ultima Online back in the late 90s. That still had 2d graphics.
Back when my oldest were around 11 or so we used to have weekend LAN parties and there would be 7 or 8 of us including them playing either Half Life or Red Faction. Add pizza, Code Red, and chocolate chip cookies and you've got eight to twelve hours of fun.

Back when my oldest were around 11 or so we used to have weekend LAN parties and there would be 7 or 8 of us including them playing either Half Life or Red Faction. Add pizza, Code Red, and chocolate chip cookies and you've got eight to twelve hours of fun.
That's awesome. I remember the first time I played Doom on two different TVs against another live person. At the time it seemed revolutionary! I am so looking forward to gaming with my kids. My oldest is 7 and a half and just started playing Roblox about a month ago. It was her first step into the world of gaming. So cool! :D

I know he plays Counterstrike religiously. His mother did a job on his head to get back at me. She heard what fun he was having playing Half Life with us so she bought him a PC and let him play whenever he wanted. Now all he does is work and play video games. He doesn't even have a driver's license and never talks to me. I hope she's happy.
Sorry to hear that man. I’ve done light work in game development and while I love parts of the industry, the effect it can have on specifically young males is heartbreaking. Here’s hoping you all find healing in your relationship someday.

Advertisement
Sorry to hear that man. I’ve done light work in game development and while I love parts of the industry, the effect it can have on specifically young males is heartbreaking. Here’s hoping you all find healing in your relationship someday.

There's also nothing more toxic than the counter strike community.

Advertisement
Back