OT: Deion to Jackson State

Advertisement
Advertisement
Deon remains Deon, "This is God move." Makes sense, this is that level of decision.

On the planet, the over/under is 2 years before he is canned. Nobody self-glossing himself "Coach Prime" lasts in any important role.

The Fightin' McNairs of Alcorn State gonna have the scoreboard lookin like it's broken on "Coach Prime".

Even though it's FSU week & I'm supposed to hate all things FSU, I'm actually happy for Prime.

He did a great job as OC for Trinity Christian helping them win 3 state titles & getting an opportunity to coach at a HBCU like Jackson State is great for him. Deion is one of the few Noles I don't hate, he's undoubtedly the greatest CB of all-time & is a good dude overall. He's not a hater, he never talked down on Miami when he was on NFL Network.

He's been itching to get into College coaching & this is a good place to start.

Even though it's FSU week & I'm supposed to hate all things FSU, I'm actually happy for Prime.

He did a great job as OC for Trinity Christian helping them win 3 state titles & getting an opportunity to coach at a HBCU like Jackson State is great for him. Deion is one of the few Noles I don't hate, he's undoubtedly the greatest CB of all-time & is a good dude overall. He's not a hater, he never talked down on Miami when he was on NFL Network.

You probably don't hate him because you know as well as I do he still wishes he was a 'Cane.

Advertisement
After they fire Norvell, they're gonna need a Richt-type alum who will donate $1M of his salary AND not hold out for a big buyout.

I didn't realize (or remember) that they signed Norvell to six years. That's a pretty big commitment. If he doesn't work out, I don't know who this alum is that you're talking about unless his name is Manny Diaz.

Perhaps hidden hands making moves.

If some well monied individuals combine with celebrity clout...

HBCUs could become a power in CFB...

Will be interesting to see if he is ready for the grind. HC comes with a ton of responsibilities, even more so at smaller schools that dont have the support staff that comes along with big booster support. I know he said he had an all-star staff lined up if he got the fsu job but I doubt a lot of those guys would work for what Jackson St can afford. Hope he does well though.

Advertisement
I predict he'll stack that team with some quality P5 transfers and have success over there. He'll get guys that for whatever reason don't cut it at Ole Miss, Mississippi St, and from other SEC schools. TSU uses that formula and it's worked well for them.

Advertisement

He'll have a harder time recruiting to JSU than he did at TC. TO and WS ain't gonna be wanting to put in those 18 hour days over and over and over or kissing recruits' asses.

Advertisement
Back