OT: Dabo Swinney stays at Clemson for more ten years

Advertisement
The rest of the ACC's coaches opening up the newspaper

d66.gif

Advertisement
Until one of them decides to play the off field game the way he does, they shouldn't be surprised.

Amen, say hallelujah.

I don't like to be sour grapes about anything, but it sucks to know what you know...and have to listen to their insufferable (now anyway) fans go on and on and on like they have been dominating for 40 years straight.

I have to give the guy credit, he went in big... post selling insurance or whatever...and did "whatever it took" to get them to where they are now.
They are like Alabama 2012 now....the program changing deep booster activity is now done...the results speak for themselves and the illicit stuff can now be applied where needed.

**** you knew he had completely arrived when after all of the PED stuff you heard of in the playoffs, his response was pretty close to yeah?... so what?..

UM

Advertisement
Amen, say hallelujah.

I don't like to be sour grapes about anything, but it sucks to know what you know...and have to listen to their insufferable (now anyway) fans go on and on and on like they have been dominating for 40 years straight.

I have to give the guy credit, he went in big... post selling insurance or whatever...and did "whatever it took" to get them to where they are now.
They are like Alabama 2012 now....the program changing deep booster activity is now done...the results speak for themselves and the illicit stuff can now be applied where needed.

**** you knew he had completely arrived when after all of the PED stuff you heard of in the playoffs, his response was pretty close to yeah?... so what?..

UM

All the people swearing he would go "home" to Bama after Saban leaves can finally stop that ridiculous theory.

Dabo will retire from Clemson. He'll get a statue and will have facilities named in his honor.

Based on what? I don't see anything mentioned about a buyout in that article. Maybe it's been reported elsewhere what the buyout is, but unless it's $93M, the mere fact that he agreed to accept the universities offer of a **** ton of money and security doesn't prevent him for leaving for even more money and security if Baga comes calling when Saban finally ****s the bed.

Bottom line, though, Saban seems to have no interest in riding off into the sunset any time soon. Dabo has a decent deal at Clem$on, all the dirty rogue boosters and look the other way fanboys and media a head ballcoach could ever need or want, and his alma mater isn't going to be looking for him to come home for the forseeable future. What's the guy supposed to do but get comfortable where he's at?

Advertisement
The game has changed in the last fifteen years, where these rich schools in small hillbilly isolated towns, with their super secret booster foundations doling out millions, can operate with impunity.

Everybody knows it. The NCAA knows it. We know it. The sports press/media knows it, but won’t say a word. It’s the biggest open secret in college football.

Meanwhile, Miami cannot do this. We don’t have the secret booster society. And half of our dumbass fanbase will rat out a player if he drives anything nicer than a Yugo or if he’s seen eating at a nice restaurant.

We have to figure out a better way to compete.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish we were handing out bags like Clemson and Bama. But that doesn’t work down here, and we don’t even have the boosters to do it.

If we did, it would stay secret for about five minutes. It’s a function of a portion of our fanbase being complete attention whoring idiots, any future potential bag men being flashy attention seeking morons, and the fact that we live in an open, not closed, very diverse town where information travels quickly.

Clemson going to be a problem for years to come. Can Miami finally rise from the grave and knock the big guy down again? I’m not sure either way.

Advertisement
The game has changed in the last fifteen years, where these rich schools in small hillbilly isolated towns, with their super secret booster foundations doling out millions, can operate with impunity.

Everybody knows it. The NCAA knows it. We know it. The sports press/media knows it, but won’t say a word. It’s the biggest open secret in college football.

Meanwhile, Miami cannot do this. We don’t have the secret booster society. And half of our dumbass fanbase will rat out a player if he drives anything nicer than a Yugo or if he’s seen eating at a nice restaurant.

We have to figure out a better way to compete.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish we were handing out bags like Clemson and Bama. But that doesn’t work down here, and we don’t even have the boosters to do it.

If we did, it would stay secret for about five minutes. It’s a function of a portion of our fanbase being complete attention whoring idiots, any future potential bag men being flashy attention seeking morons, and the fact that we live in an open, not closed, very diverse town where information travels quickly.

Not to mention having a Gayturd rag publication like the Herald ready to pounce on the smallest thing.

I can't fathom another way to "compete" with that...short of spending untold fortunes on the ABSOLUTE BEST coaching staff money can buy, and we know that isn't going to happen, no offense to the present company of course.

The worst part of this for all of us smaller players, the coaching salary curve just got changed big time again at $9.3 million per annum, making it that much harder to try and really keep up.

UM

Based on what? I don't see anything mentioned about a buyout in that article. Maybe it's been reported elsewhere what the buyout is, but unless it's $93M, the mere fact that he agreed to accept the universities offer of a **** ton of money and security doesn't prevent him for leaving for even more money and security if Baga comes calling when Saban finally ****s the bed.

Bottom line, though, Saban seems to have no interest in riding off into the sunset any time soon. Dabo has a decent deal at Clem$on, all the dirty rogue boosters and look the other way fanboys and media a head ballcoach could ever need or want, and his alma mater isn't going to be looking for him to come home for the forseeable future. What's the guy supposed to do but get comfortable where he's at?

That's the reality.

If Alabama wants to make a play at him after he has made that salary for 3-4 years, whatever....they can exceed it all day long and he might want a change of venue back home.

Nobody likes being the guy after a legend though, they like being the guy to clean up after the poor ******* that follows. In this case tho, Dabo might be legend status of his own at that point.

UM

Advertisement
Back