OT Cribby

Advertisement
I Gotchu Winter Olympics GIF by Team USA

Advertisement
Advertisement
We’re gonna see a difference in coaching, recruits and staff. I’m sure we will give Mario more than 4 years.
With the kind of money being spent and the power players emerging the average fan supporting the Canes will no longer have influence. Those days are gone. The cosmic shift in Hurricane athletics will not succumb to threats, banners etc. If they want to stay with a coach they will not be asking your opinion.

Advertisement
With the kind of money being spent and the power players emerging the average fan supporting the Canes will no longer have influence. Those days are gone. The cosmic shift in Hurricane athletics will not succumb to threats, banners etc. If they want to stay with a coach they will not be asking your opinion.
The average fan has never had influence. However, the people that do have influence and POWER are fans too. The pressure is greater now, because of the new players and money, to succeed. Don’t think for a moment that more money buys more time. The only relevant determining factor that will decide Mario’s legacy as a head coach is wins and losses. He’s on the clock like everyone else. He’s my choice and I believe he will succeed. We’ll all watch and pray together.

The average fan has never had influence. However, the people that do have influence and POWER are fans too. The pressure is greater now, because of the new players and money, to succeed. Don’t think for a moment that more money buys more time. The only relevant determining factor that will decide Mario’s legacy as a head coach is wins and losses. He’s on the clock like everyone else. He’s my choice and I believe he will succeed. We’ll all watch and pray together.
You have to look at buyouts you just can’t spend endless amounts of money. Fans here have been vocal and I respect that power but 4 years will not be a measuring stick for Mario. He can leave himself but he will get a huge amount of time to change things. And at some point revolving coaches do not mean success. Manny , Randy Shannon etc. guys that never were head coaches were stupid hirings in the first place for a Power 5 program with great expectations. This is a long term investment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree and disagree. The number one fan influence to get a coach fired is fans not showing up at games. I was at and part of the fan exodus at halftime when the Al Golden Maimi Hurricanes were embarrassed and throttled by Clemson. What was most embarrassing and unacceptable was the empty stadium at halftime. When I drove home 15 minutes away to Pembroke Pines and turned on the TV, the only fans in the stadium were Clemson fans. That's a message that the fans have given up on the coach and a complete embarrassment to the school.

If the fans had cleared out the stadium in the UNC game in 2020, Diaz probably gets fired the next day. It was moving in that direction this season when there were only about 12k fans at the Thursday night UVA game. To Diaz's credit, the team didn't quit on him and rallied to save their season. Had we got blown out by NC State, the fans leave the game early and Diaz is fired. This is why James did his media tour the day before the game expecting Diaz to falter. Thus laying the ground work to fire him the next day Sunday.

Fans still and will always have the power of the gate.

Last edited:
You have to look at buyouts you just can’t spend endless amounts of money. Fans here have been vocal and I respect that power but 4 years will not be a measuring stick for Mario. He can leave himself but he will get a huge amount of time to change things. And at some point revolving coaches do not mean success. Manny , Randy Shannon guys that never were head coaches were stupid hiring a for a Power 5 program with great expectations.
If you can afford to hire him, you can afford to fire him. This spending spree isn’t a one time deal. This is the new Miami. Fwiw We’ll never have the opportunity to know if he will be fired in four. Mario’s already dominating in ways we haven’t seen in two decades. He’s not leaving until he wants to. Expect to win NOW. Mario certainly does. The kids begging in do too.

If you can afford to hire him, you can afford to fire him. This spending spree isn’t a one time deal. This is the new Miami. Fwiw We’ll never have the opportunity to know if he will be fired in four. Mario’s already dominating in ways we haven’t seen in two decades. He’s not leaving until he wants to. Expect to win NOW. Mario certainly does. The kids begging in do too.
How do you know what the new Miami is. We are sailing in uncharted waters. Fans at the gate when it comes to Miami has never been a precursor for decision making. TV money has much more power and the U brand will never lose it’s power. But we need to be positive and quit throwing out timelines the man was just hired.
And if you know history even when Miami won Natl Championships the OB WAS NEVER FULL UNLESS IT WAS FSU or Notre Dame. You will always be trying to build a base that will never approach the sell outs you see at most Top 10 schools even when they play Division 2 schools.
We have let the basketball program flounder with a old tired coach that should have retired years ago.

Last edited:
Lol Well… I said exactly that two posts prior. The average fan has never had influence. 😂
“I” know because I spend more time with all of the people posted about on these than just about anyone. I’ve been to practices, spent time with recruits and players from the last four staffs consistently. When I tell you it’s different this time, big time college football different, it is. This business is all about expectations. If you don’t think that, it’s ok. The new coach does. Also, as for positivity, I said we’ll never know because Mario won’t be fired ever. Reading comprehension my friend. There’s a lot happening quickly now. Enjoy every moment. Even a quarter century of greatness happens quickly. 🌹 smell every one
Fine but things like the transfer portal is unique to college football now that is a sizemic change. Revolving coaches is not Miami has been a victim of that going back to Schelly and JJ loyalty has never been a Miami coaches thing. We have always been a stepping stone for coaches to move on it goes both ways. My guess is if we win a championship in 4 years Mario looks to be a coach in the pros and so you won’t maybe have a 4 year timeline that works in the way you want to have it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back