OT-Cleveland Browns....The New U??

I think the Browns are really close to turning the corner. They are literally a QB away. Mayfield may be that piece. They have had some solid drafts and acquisitions over the last couple years. I am glad they kept Hue Jackson. I think he is a good coach. They've had like 29 different starting QBs since Kosar...

With that said go Dolphins.

Advertisement
In case you didn't know...

Alonzo Walter Highsmith, Sr. is an American football executive who is currently the Vice President of Player Personnel for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League.

Zo is probably the greatest cane of all-time, guy is the first ambassador of the program and still today, gets our kids on his team and he knows talent.

I agree; but I dunno @kryptonite, something feels different about this squad. Maybe b/c it’s a squad that has a guy from the U in the front office, or it’s b/c they’ve upgraded their roster. I don’t think Hue is the right guy for the job, though.

But ur right about Duke; he’s magic w the ball in his hands. Not sure y they don’t give him more touches, either

I would probably agree with you if they'd waited one more year before taking a 1st round QB. They were doing so well loading up in other areas, I think one more draft might have done it for them. But of course they fell into the trap all NFL teams do...they pin their hopes on a rookie who they're paying too much money. Now if he doesn't work out it will set them back years.

The Browns would have been better served by taking a 3rd/4th round QB this year, then a 1st rounder next year if this year's guy didn't look like he'd pan out. ****, I'd probably just keep taking 4th round QBs until I found a good one. If you're careful, I don't think those lower round guys are any more likely to bust than top guys and they cost a lot less. As an added bonus, you don't need as much out of your QB if your defense is good.

Advertisement
Anyone know if Duke signed a new contract? I know he’s scheduled to make $1.9 mil this year and curious if he’ll become an UFA after this upcoming year.

Advertisement
Back