OT: Chuck Bednarik passed away

Klamalama

Board Ban Under CIS Martial Law Until 11/5/20
This is a sad day for Iggles fans. Concrete Charlie has passed away. Just caught it on the scroll during the Federer vs Raonic match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4yA3TVh7A

He's remembered for sitting on Frank Gifford, to secure the Eagles only NFL championship.

In the 60s, pro football players needed summer jobs to make ends meet. Chuck worked for Morrissey Concrete, in Philly, as a concrete salesman (hence his nickname of Concrete Charlie). Mostly they used him for PR, and he was great at it. He sometimes stopped at our construction trailer, in the early 70s. He was a big man, with big hands. His fingers were like his nose, they went in several directions.

The Bednarik linebacker award is named in his honor. It was great meeting you Chuck. RIP.

Advertisement
He **** near killed Gifford with that hit! Put him out for the rest of the season. He played in an era when men were men, and football was a very violent game! He was the last real true 2 way player. I remember seeing a picture of him in the locker room after they won the NFL Championship. Cuz had a cigar in his mouth, and a lit cigarette in his left hand. He was still in his **** uniform, lol. TOUGH! RIP Chuck

Advertisement
Rest assured this dude wasn't scrunched over in the bathroom trimming under his balls with a Wahl Groomsman. Real man. Real dead man, but a real man.

As a kid I grew up idolizing these guys. All I wanted to be as a football player, was as hard hitting as **** Butkus, Ray Nitschke & Chuck Bednarik. They truly don't make very many like that anymore…

RIP Chuck & Ray

*Side note
The GREAT Ray Lewis []_[] []V[]

Last edited:
He **** near killed Gifford with that hit! Put him out for the rest of the season. He played in an era when men were men, and football was a very violent game! He was the last real true 2 way player. I remember seeing a picture of him in the locker room after they won the NFL Championship. Cuz had a cigar in his mouth, and a lit cigarette in his left hand. He was still in his **** uniform, lol. TOUGH! RIP Chuck

****, Gifford RETIRED for some time after that hit. In his autobiography, The Whole Ten Yards, Gifford recounts how he tells Kathie Lee prior to their marriage how the one word she will here most in public after their nuptials will be "Bednarik." To Gifford's credit, he also states the hit was clean and he holds no animosity towards Chuck Bednarik. It will be interesting to see if Gifford, himself 84, will be able to attend Bednarik's funeral.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back