OT: Charlie Strong / Texas top 10 Recruiting Class lol

13th by Rivals, but whatever.

How many times pre-Strong has Texas NOT had a top 10 class? I think the only year was 2013, and that's just b/c they only had 15 schollies to give (and their average ranking that year was 7).

With their resources, and their location, they get a top 10 class pretty much just by getting out of bed, and even as Brown was winding down he was getting top 5 classes each year. But somehow Strong can't get a top 10 class there.

But were they really top 10 classes, or just ranked that high because they committed to Texas or Texas was recruiting them. Brown would usually have his class almost done in February every year, so plenty of time for the "experts" to grade the recruits.

It looks to me like the big donors who were ****ed that Strong got hired had to make a choice: either pay the bagmen to get the recruits or watch Texas continue to suck, and they paid.

Advertisement
He is Butch Davis lite. He's got a great eye for talent, can field a solid defense and develops players very well. The offensive side of the ball is where he seriously struggles and he needs a pretty big talent advantage to win big.

He will be fired this season IMO

Those classes under Mack were overrated, a lot. Where are the special kids from all those top classes in the league? It's put up or get out time for Strong. If they don't do a 180 by OU game he's out.

One hit wonder at Louisville.

News isn't Strong getting a top 20 class, but Texas not having a top 5 or 6 class.

Most of the players he got on NSD are on defense. He has to put up points in the Big12 if he wants to succeed. Great coach.

Advertisement
Texas does not use bagmen if they did they would land a lot more kids in the top 20 of Texas ie Greg Little

He took advantage of Louisiana by landing 2 DTs that LSU passed on due to their numbers and he landed some Texas kids they were on all year.

Charlie is a really good guy good defensive coach he has done a great job first two years versus OU and Baylor defensively but not TCU.

He needs to find his Bridgewater

enters Nkosi Perry

I thought he can't recruit in Texas and has no busy coaching football on any level, and the only reason why the University of Texas hired him as HC is bç he magically tricked them??

He'll never get to take advantage of this recruiting class. He'll be fired before they graduate

Yep. Landing good classes is only one piece of the puzzle. On paper, Golden's classes should have had us as a top 3 team in the ACC. We weren't even close to that. Coaching matters. I expect Strong to coach himself to the unemployment line.

Advertisement
Back