OT: Charlie Strong / Texas top 10 Recruiting Class lol

Dirty Sprite

Band
Banned
I thought he can't recruit in Texas and has no busy coaching football on any level, and the only reason why the University of Texas hired him as HC is bç he magically tricked them??

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought he can't recruit in Texas and has no busy coaching football on any level, and the only reason why the University of Texas hired him as HC is bç he magically tricked them??

So he can recruit he just can't coach a lick you are saying? Got it. We already knew.

Advertisement

So he can recruit he just can't coach a lick you are saying? Got it. We already knew.

:jordan:

What was ol' CHolly's record this year, his second season?

His second year? **** hes been there forever lol Good come back

Without Teddy and South Florida bagmen, he will remain a mediocre HEAD coach. Great position coach though...kind of like a glorified Randy.

Advertisement
Dude made Al and Dale retarded by standing the DL up and walking around. If it wasn't Miami, it would've been hilarious!

Bagman written all over this. He was in the 50s in the rankings, you heard nothing about kids wanting to play for him. TCU was finally on the recruiting radar over Texas, as well as A&M and Baylor. Oklahoma was in the playoff, etc and Texas goes 5-7. They literally had nothing to sell, yet they pull all kinds of surprises this late in the game?

I am not buying that. Everyone knew strong was/is a dead man walking. Either bag man, or they know they'll be playing for Tom Herman next year. Only 2 explanations.

Why do people love sticking up for coaches who are failing in front of them....Strong, McCllwain, Butch Jones, I can't wait for the Muschamp fans to come back after USC has the same crap season they have this year. Or to hear the Georgia fans sticking up for Smart after he flops his first year. People in denial.

Why do people love sticking up for coaches who are failing in front of them....Strong, McCllwain, Butch Jones, I can't wait for the Muschamp fans to come back after USC has the same crap season they have this year. Or to hear the Georgia fans sticking up for Smart after he flops his first year. People in denial.

Also, why do people love sticking up for coaches who don't coach at Miami?

Advertisement
14 losses in 2 seasons got dudes high-fiving in February. Sad.

And what's even funnier is the idea that the Texas high school community didn't like Strong and were the reason he had trouble recruiting actually came from his supporters on here. They were making excuses for him.

Bagman written all over this. He was in the 50s in the rankings, you heard nothing about kids wanting to play for him. TCU was finally on the recruiting radar over Texas, as well as A&M and Baylor. Oklahoma was in the playoff, etc and Texas goes 5-7. They literally had nothing to sell, yet they pull all kinds of surprises this late in the game?

I am not buying that. Everyone knew strong was/is a dead man walking. Either bag man, or they know they'll be playing for Tom Herman next year. Only 2 explanations.

The pantry is empty at Texas and Uncle Charlie may have guaranteed them all immediate playing time. Desperate times require desperate measures. Texas can match SEC $ for $. Charlie may soon run out of excuses when the boosters want an immediate ROI.

BTW, different conference, other school and a coach with no attachment to U M. ???????????????

Advertisement
Texas does not use bagmen if they did they would land a lot more kids in the top 20 of Texas ie Greg Little

He took advantage of Louisiana by landing 2 DTs that LSU passed on due to their numbers and he landed some Texas kids they were on all year.

Charlie is a really good guy good defensive coach he has done a great job first two years versus OU and Baylor defensively but not TCU.

He needs to find his Bridgewater

He'll never get to take advantage of this recruiting class. He'll be fired before they graduate

Without Teddy and South Florida bagmen, he will remain a mediocre HEAD coach. Great position coach though...kind of like a glorified Randy.

This dude is a good head coach & was a great DC....to say he is a position coach is just flat out disrespectful......he ain't Al Golden ok...

13th by Rivals, but whatever.

How many times pre-Strong has Texas NOT had a top 10 class? I think the only year was 2013, and that's just b/c they only had 15 schollies to give (and their average ranking that year was 7).

With their resources, and their location, they get a top 10 class pretty much just by getting out of bed, and even as Brown was winding down he was getting top 5 classes each year. But somehow Strong can't get a top 10 class there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back