OT: CFB Fantasy Football - anyone ever do it?

scrantoncane

Sophomore
If so, what site did you use? Seems like the major sites took it down, and all I see is Fantrax.

Have never done it, but I’d like to give it a try.

Any thoughts/info appreciated.

Advertisement
It's way tougher than NFL but it is fun. You can find some small school gems if it is not a Power 5 only league.

It's way tougher than NFL but it is fun. You can find some small school gems if it is not a Power 5 only league.
It’s be my (and everyone in my group) 1st time, so I was considering sticking to P5.

Several guys in the leagues have kids and don’t watch as much sunbelt and AAC as I do.

I’ve always wondered about the scoring. It seems weird that a guy would earn the same points for scoring against G5 or FCS opponents than he does for scoring against a P5 team

The only way to do this is with Campus2Canton Devy leagues. If you're gonna try to bet on college scorers you might as well build it over the long-term. I don't know all the details but Campus2Canton leagues are Dynasty leagues with Devy drafts where you can draft college players except you score them while they're in college and then eventually they score for you in the NFL.

Interestingly I've seen some traditional Devy mocks and Chaney isn't drafted in any of them. Meanwhile tons of JAG RBs and even Cam Harris get taken. Seems like a very inefficient market based on hype and groupthink without paying attention to spring depth chart movement and elite traits.

Advertisement
It’s be my (and everyone in my group) 1st time, so I was considering sticking to P5.

Several guys in the leagues have kids and don’t watch as much sunbelt and AAC as I do.
It would be fairer if they don't have much time to invest in researching the smaller schools. It's fun, everyone know guys like Rattler but you will find some lesser names that can win the league. Just do it like NFL fantasy (PPR I recommend) and then draft new every year, obviously leave out Conference Champ and Bowl games as well.

The only way to do this is with Campus2Canton Devy leagues. If you're gonna try to bet on college scorers you might as well build it over the long-term. I don't know all the details but Campus2Canton leagues are Dynasty leagues with Devy drafts where you can draft college players except you score them while they're in college and then eventually they score for you in the NFL.

Interestingly I've seen some traditional Devy mocks and Chaney isn't drafted in any of them. Meanwhile tons of JAG RBs and even Cam Harris get taken. Seems like a very inefficient market based on hype and groupthink without paying attention to spring depth chart movement and elite traits.
Devy seems like too much work, and I’m looking for mainly CFB fans. Many of these guys will likely drop out for a year, come back the next year... no established group with continuity.

I’m looking at fantrax. Mixed reviews, but might just keep the buy-in low, use standard scoring format, and do a test run this year.

Devy seems like too much work, and I’m looking for mainly CFB fans. Many of these guys will likely drop out for a year, come back the next year... no established group with continuity.

I’m looking at fantrax. Mixed reviews, but might just keep the buy-in low, use standard scoring format, and do a test run this year.
Yeah it probably is lol I've been reluctant to take the plunge cause knowing myself I'd be digging deep on film of all the HS kids.

But it would be easy to find existing leagues for it.

I have a friend who uses fantrax. Most prefer MFL which has the deepest customization options.

I was in one on yahoo years before last but they didn’t bring it back last year due to covid. Not sure if it’s returning

Advertisement
I did it a couple years ago, won my league, nobody paid up, haven’t done it since. It’s a lot of fun though. We used yahoo

Advertisement
Back