OT: Cardinal Gibbons vs Bolles

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
CG is playing Bolles today for the state championship at Doak. You gotta give props to CG as they’ve beaten some good competition including Aquinas this season. The only loss was a close one against AH plantation. This game is a way for them to solidify being a legit player in South FL football.

I was texting with a coach at CG this morning. Them boys are pumped up.
I shared how my favorite games were beating Bolles growing up in Jax.

I think our Broward boys pull out the W easy if they double Bolles top WR. He’s got 2/3rds of Bolles total team receiving yards

The game is at 1PM and you can watch it on spectrum for $10. It’ll be the most talent to play on Bobby Bowden field this season. Here’s the link for anyone interested...

Advertisement
This game presents a real contrast in styles and personnel. Bolles players are mostly white and are almost robotic in the way they carry out their assignments. Cardinal Gibbons is far more diverse and has some real playmakers. Gibbons’ secondary is suspect and Bolles will be able to complete passes if they giver their QB time. Gibbons’ LB number 7 is possibly the best player ever at Gibbons.

This game presents a real contrast in styles and personnel. Bolles players are mostly white and are almost robotic in the way they carry out their assignments. Cardinal Gibbons is far more diverse and has some real playmakers. Gibbons’ secondary is suspect and Bolles will be able to complete passes if they giver their QB time. Gibbons’ LB number 7 is possibly the best player ever at Gibbons.
Exactly why I was saying they gotta double that WR.

Bolles routinely rushes 3 and drops 8 guys into coverage. If Bolles does this against Gibbons, expect to see Gibbons QB run every time Bolles does this.

Advertisement
This game presents a real contrast in styles and personnel. Bolles players are mostly lunch pail, sneaky fast, hard-nosed gym-rats and are almost robotic in the way they carry out their assignments. Cardinal Gibbons is far more diverse and has some real playmakers. Gibbons’ secondary is suspect and Bolles will be able to complete passes if they giver their QB time. Gibbons’ LB number 7 is possibly the best player ever at Gibbons.
Sorry, amended this for you. Just had to be thorough.

Bolles routinely rushes 3 and drops 8 guys into coverage. If Bolles does this against Gibbons, expect to see Gibbons QB run every time Bolles does this.
If they drop into a zone and come up aggressively, this can be a great approach. Watch for Hulk #19 at RBp

Advertisement
Rough start. 2nd play of the game Bolles lil white RB burned the whole defense for a 50-60 yarder right up the gut.

Advertisement
CG with a nice methodical drive all the way down the field. Nice TD on a quick bubble for the TD. It’s tied up 7-7 early in the 2nd.

Advertisement
CG with another long drive. The QB is making a ton of plays with his legs and his arm. They finished with a quick slant to Stellato for a TD. 14-7 CG.

CG runs the drag route to perfection. lol

Learned that last season playing them. They are pretty well coached. They are like a great value version of STA with a better offense. Id ay the 4th best broward county private school

Seem route to Stellato that went for a TD. He burned everyone for 60 yards. It was called back on a finicky flag. It’s a good thing we’ve got some legit speed and athleticism coming in the secondary like Tae, Williams, Clarke, and Kitchens. We are gonna need it with kids like this at Clemson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back