Coaching OT - Butch claims FIU sabotaging the program

Advertisement
FIU is one of the largest schools in the country by student enrollment #s.
FIU has an on-campus stadium & their student section actually gets really rowdy
FIU is smack dab in the middle of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. Our 2 stars excel.
They play in probably the worst division in the worst conference in the FBS.

There is literally no reason for them to be bad besides the athletic department not giving a ****.
Although President Modesto Maidique gets a lot of props, he expanded both the University and athletics way to fast and economics has caught up to the school in numerous area. The tuition and other income sources has not been able to keep up with the expenses the school has incurred due to its
fast paced growth.

I know someone on Gulliver's staff. Earlier in the high school season (September-ish) Davis's boy went to a Gulliver practice to recruit. Davis Jr. Inquiries about Trey Lathan; he didn't know who the kid was but wanted to recruit the senior prospect. The head coach stared blankly at Davis Jr. and said "that's Trey everyone has offered." Davis Jr. was clueless. After the exchange he went to his car and went back to Sweetwater.

FIU admin may not give a **** about football, but FIU football is seemingly clueless about football in their own backyard

Advertisement
Butch announced to his coaching staff that he won't be back? LOL, FIU posted his job a month ago! :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: Every job Butch has held ends in a bad way. If what he says is true why didn't he resign last year? $1M+ that's why. Garcia "retired" last week. Dumpster fire is putting it mildly.

precisely.

NO ONE who has even hired Butch, has seen him leave on happy terms.

Some schools shouldn't have football programs (which is more embarrassing that Manny lost to them). I'm being serious though. FIU drains a budget for a lot (many) schools. Football looks like a shiny toy, and then 10 years later, you're second guessing starting the program or moving up to FBS.

Advertisement
With the exception of the Heat, Miami sports both pro & collegiate are run by quite honestly the most corrupt stupid pieces of sh*t I’ve ever seen in my life...

Rich ********, all of’em. Godless heathens who do nothing but leave a wake of destruction to everything they touch.

These people know absolutely nothing about how to properly manage sports, but consistently maintain a stranglehold over everything that pertains to sports & do nothing but fck it up on every level.

Every **** team, every **** sport, pro & college, just a complete & utter manmade disaster.

I mean I read the article and having kids wear used shoulder pads is pretty bad.

If true. I'd guess its overstated or twisted a bit. The timeline is a bit incoherent and you have to question the source. A 1-16 sour grapes washed up coach who announced his retirement then worked to keep his job privately. If you've paid attention to his career, that shouldn't surprise you.

No....he IS right....
These hateful infidels can say whatever they want… they can’t take this magical moment away from these two…

2D00D0C2-702B-49A6-A551-8660222324F2.gif

Advertisement
FIU is one of the largest schools in the country by student enrollment #s.
FIU has an on-campus stadium & their student section actually gets really rowdy
FIU is smack dab in the middle of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. Our 2 stars excel.
They play in probably the worst division in the worst conference in the FBS.

There is literally no reason for them to be bad besides the athletic department not giving a ****.
North Texas has a huge student population too.

It doesn't mean a thing if you are a commuter school where the majority of your student body actively cheers for other schools, schools that they would rather be at, but couldn't get in.

FIU is a school whose upside is overrated as ****. The typical FIU student(and donor) is someone that wanted to be a Cane, Gator or Nole but couldn't get in. FIU isn't attractive to 2-3 star kids, because those same kids can go play at a bottom level SEC or ACC school and not be in a nothing conference. FIU bought the fool's gold of moving up to FBS and they've learned the hard way that it doesn't work out for most schools. Unless you have a sugar daddy donor and hit on a coach, you are going to be bleeding money. Frankly, most G5 schools are losing money hand over fist, just to brag. LMFAO at JMU and the other FCS powers moving up.

Advertisement
This is pretty odd.

At the time when Butch got hired I want to say him and Lane at FAU were the only 2 coaches in C-USA who were getting paid over a million. So its not like FIU wasn't willing to spend the money to be competitive.

Advertisement
Back