SWFLHurricane
Recruit
- Joined
- Dec 12, 2014
- Messages
- 30,454
When they were born they were already 7-8ft...adults were 50-65ft...Holy shlt that thing is bigger than your hand. Imagine running into one of those things on a swim in the ocean
When they were born they were already 7-8ft...adults were 50-65ft...Holy shlt that thing is bigger than your hand. Imagine running into one of those things on a swim in the ocean
I was snorkeling in about 8ft of water (The Santa Fe River has amazing clarity the further north you go due to the number of Springs in that stretch)..the further South the water turns brownish from lack of springs, and the Tanin from the Cypress trees. I saw the tip sticking out of the Sand, and thought I'd only find a small piece of a Tusk. My buddy swam over and with his help unlodged it. I kind of kept it unknown to any authorities, just in case they'd try to confiscate it, but it's perfectly legal to keep any fossilized animal pulled from the State rivers. Anything Man-made (Arrowheads...Pottery etc)...is illegal...but it's really not enforced, unless it's some douchbag Game Warden.Holy shlt! that’s an incredible find. I mean, I didn’t even know those things ranged that far south.
I honestly can’t find the words to describe how amazing I think that is. I’m not an expert on archaeology or anything like that, but that has to be a hugely significant find. Somebody should write that up. That should be an archaeology scientific journal or something like that.
I was snorkeling in about 8ft of water (The Santa Fe River has amazing clarity the further north you go due to the number of Springs in that stretch)..the further South the water turns brownish from lack of springs, and the Tanin from the Cypress trees. I saw the tip sticking out of the Sand, and thought I'd only find a small piece of a Tusk. My buddy swam over and with his help unlodged it. I kind of kept it unknown to any authorities, just in case they'd try to confiscate it, but it's perfectly legal to keep any fossilized animal pulled from the State rivers. Anything Man-made (Arrowheads...Pottery etc)...is illegal...but it's really not enforced, unless it's some douchbag Game Warden.