- Joined
- Dec 22, 2011
- Messages
- 59,197
Look Bro....I was at South Seas for a yr in 1981...one day me and another Chef went to Tween Waters for Lunch...and met the owner Tony Lapi (still owns Tween Waters) before we left both of us had much better job offers, so we gave our notice, and 2 weeks later we both were Sous Chefs at Tween Waters. In the back of Tween Waters was the Marina...all the employees were allowed to take the motor boats out (just had to pay for the gas) and cruise the area near Buck Key Preserve.
Sooo...1981 you say?
1981 was the year my Pop Warner team travelled down to sleepy li'l CAPE CORAL for a football game...this was pre-Midpoint Bridge...
So each of us got to stay with a family of one of the Cape Coral players. I loved all the canals, that was one of my lasting memories, and the primary reason I moved to the Cape when I got a job in SW FL. I can even tell you the exact time of the year, it was right around Halloween.
How do I know? It was the very first time that they ever showed the movie Halloween on broadcast TV (I was only 10 when it was first in the movie theaters), which we then followed up on by going to see Halloween II at the movie theater on Del Prado near where they (eventually) built the Midpoint. ****, we were only 13, but nobody stopped us from seeing R-rated movies.
Good times! Sorry I don't have any pix, though...