OT Brent Musburger steps in it again

Advertisement
Who remembers that announcer named Franklin who called our game vs. UCLA in the 98? He was a great announcer, don't know what happened to him. I thought I heard that maybe he got in trouble but don't remember.

Who remembers that announcer named Franklin who called our game vs. UCLA in the 98? He was a great announcer, don't know what happened to him. I thought I heard that maybe he got in trouble but don't remember.

That was Ron Franklin. He was fired by ESPN for "sexist" comments, which everyone knows is as bad as the **** death camps.

Remember during the Catholic vs Convicts 30/30 most acknowledge it was a ****** thing to say. Brent was laughing about it. What a douchbag.

Advertisement

That was Ron Franklin. He was fired by ESPN for "sexist" comments, which everyone knows is as bad as the **** death camps.

Thank you. He was truly a good announcer, which are hard to come by these days. There are not many that I like. Nessler is pretty good, but really that's about it. I can tolerate Herbstreit sometimes.

OT but how did John Franklin convince FSU and AU to give him scholarships to play football

He is fast, and it looked like FSU offered him to enhance their chance of getting Alex Collins. We thought FSU would pull their offer once Collins chose Arkansas, as it was obvious to everyone here (including his optimist coaches)that he wasn't a D1 QB. I don't know what happened with Auburn.
It was that one game on last chance U when he ran for something like 5 tds in one half. Franklin couldn't even beat out a kid with no offers and didn't even try to walk on at any school after that documentary ended...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Brent also made a comment about how Mixon was "doing well" after release of video. Yeah, we were all worried. Guy is terrible.

Advertisement
Remember during the Catholic vs Convicts 30/30 most acknowledge it was a ****ty thing to say. Brent was laughing about it. What a douchbag.

Old Brent's hate for UM burns deep. He was a bad gambler so UM probably cost it's him some money.

OT but how did John Franklin convince FSU and AU to give him scholarships to play football

He is fast, and it looked like FSU offered him to enhance their chance of getting Alex Collins. We thought FSU would pull their offer once Collins chose Arkansas, as it was obvious to everyone here (including his optimist coaches)that he wasn't a D1 QB. I don't know what happened with Auburn.
It was that one game on last chance U when he ran for something like 5 tds in one half. Franklin couldn't even beat out a kid with no offers and didn't even try to walk on at any school after that documentary ended...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That kid is Wyatt Roberts, and he is on the current Miss. State roster. So, I guess he changed his mind.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back