OT: BREAKING Whiteside to Portland

Airbornedan305

Recruit
Banned

Advertisement
Advertisement
So the answer Is simply give the man away? Why do we always just concede **** and get nothing in return. I feel pat has turned someone who teams just feel its take it or leave it and hes always gonna take it.

No one wanted this dude for a reason. He's not helping you win games. Dude went to media crying about not playing after wins. He's not that good. Heat should have never gave him that deal which made moving him basically impossible. That's on Pat, but this move here is probably the best case scenario at this point.

So the answer Is simply give the man away? Why do we always just concede **** and get nothing in return. I feel pat has turned someone who teams just feel its take it or leave it and hes always gonna take it.
Ya'll (if you're a Heat fan) just executed addition by subtraction. Plus: Mo Harkless is 26 years old and halfway decent bench role guy who defends multiple positions. Leonard is also a halfway decent bench piece who does like 15/10 per 36 minutes while shooting from the outside.

Basically, you just traded a sulking kid who had no idea how to play a role for two relatively young guys who know their roles on an NBA team and execute with relative efficiency. This is a good trade for the Heat in multiple ways. Especially financially.

He needed to go. This guy is the fuggin worse and that comes straight from guys on the Heat team.

Besides, he's a dinosaur in today's NBA. Doesn't move well, struggles to get up & down the floor, and can't shoot worth a lick. Not to mention, he thinks he's better than what he actually is. That contract got to his head and he stopped working on his craft. Definitely hasn't played or shown the same fire as he did during his first couple of years in the league with the Heat. Hopefully for his sake, he goes to Portland and gets back on track. Needs to stay hungry & humble.

Miami, the home of lousy pro sport teams. Heat, panthers, marlins and dolphins are disasters. Would not be surprised that within 5 years hockey and baseball team relocate to other cities.

Advertisement
IF it gets rid of Whiteside's contract, it is a yuge win.
But hes the one that gave him that contract then immediately went away from what made him so appealing to us. He gives away money he gives away picks and none of it has logic. Whether its waiters for this team or johnson worse yet tyler johnson it goes on and on like a horrible cycle. Attach all the stupid **** with giving away first round picks and I just dont get how can this team ever get any better. Tons of recycled semi washed crap. Atleast try to hit on picks to get that youth and someone potentially who's a difference maker at a salary that works for us.

Just like when lebron left to go back to the Cavs a sign and trade wasn’t explored or nothing either

Advertisement
But hes the one that gave him that contract then immediately went away from what made him so appealing to us. He gives away money he gives away picks and none of it has logic. Whether its waiters for this team or johnson worse yet tyler johnson it goes on and on like a horrible cycle. Attach all the stupid **** with giving away first round picks and I just dont get how can this team ever get any better. Tons of recycled semi washed crap. Atleast try to hit on picks to get that youth and someone potentially who's a difference maker at a salary that works for us.

His last few drafts have been fine. Landed Winslow and Richardson in the same draft. Bam after them and now hopefully this Herro kid is the goods. Heat definitely needed a shooter so hopefully this kid is it. Like I said in the Butler thread tho, I don't see Riley tanking again after having the worst record only to get the 2nd pick and landing Beasley who was a diaster.

Just like when lebron left to go back to the Cavs a sign and trade wasn’t explored or nothing either
EXACTLY! When it's our end and a player is coming its ALWAYS sign and trade hes some players here's multiple first round picks. When lebron left what did we get? Alonzo,Dwayne,Dragic it goes on and on. We get ****. When will it stop.

We should have been in position to attract the other free agent with the last name "Leonard". The sooner we get back to those days, the better!

Advertisement
His last few drafts have been fine. Landed Winslow and Richardson in the same draft. Bam after them and now hopefully this Herro kid is the goods. Heat definitely needed a shooter so hopefully this kid is it. Like I said in the Butler thread tho, I don't see Riley tanking again after having the worst record only to get the 2nd pick and landing Beasley who was a diaster.
Think the Heat admin saw what Kevin Huerter did for Atlanta and aimed to duplicate that value.

Personally I dont think ANY of those guys is an answer. They're role players. Winslow eh, Richardson I initially liked than he regressed. Not really sure why he changed his game so much. Bam be real hes Serge Ibaka AT BEST. That's not someone who you feature. That's a solid role guy. Cant have our sort of team with players like that surrounded by this roster.

Personally I dont think ANY of those guys is an answer. They're role players. Winslow eh, Richardson I initially liked than he regressed. Not really sure why he changed his game so much. Bam be real hes Serge Ibaka AT BEST. That's not someone who you feature. That's a solid role guy. Cant have our sort of team with players like that surrounded by this roster.

LOL bam is not serge ibaka at best. hes got way more potential, but well see if he ever gets comfortable. also, heat talking with wiz for beal

I agree they are role players but drafts aren't as deep as they used to be. Picking in the 10-14 range you will probably only land nice role players but the odds of landing a star aren't very high. It's even worse in the second round where we landed Richardson.

Advertisement
Back