OT: Big O is out at WQAM

He went HAM on Jimmy Johnson last week for questioning richt's play calling etc. L;ike off the wall extreme...Basically sh*t on Jimmy..called fans being concerned about decommits nerds..that knows nothing..yet in the same mouth got on Jimmy Johnson about....THE DRAFT. He made no sense at all...basically said recruiting doesnt matter as you dont know what your getting...like the f*cking nfl draft is any different.

He's primarily a dolfan and, like your typical front-running soFLa loudmouth, a fan of whatever soFla team is winning.
He doesn't really give a shiite about the Canes.
When I used to listen to him, I heard him say on several occasions that he didn't watch the UM games, that he was at
the movies with the family.
Basically, a Cuban Hank Goldberg.
I found his act tiring and stopped listening to him when he started including politics into his schtick.
He was never as smart as he believed he was.
A loudmouth.
I got the impression he was auditioning for one of those stupid ESPN shows.

Advertisement
If I was callin the shots at a radio station I would have all the on air talent fired while on-air.

Would make for great radio.

They should replace him with an Autist. Some guy that knows all the stats but has to be kept in a totally separate room from the guests because he will physically attack them if left in the same area together.

Advertisement
He’s half the reason I’m on this forum so I can’t hate on him that much. His twitter allowed me to hear Ivins and Ariz on podcast and here I am. But how miserable was he? Was like listening to the old man talk sports again but even worse. Never understood his hate for Gase but then his love for Richt when he’s practically saying their problems are near enough the same. I enjoyed listening to him interview people but the stubbornness and the inability to take on others ideas was becoming a pain in the ****.

He's primarily a dolfan and, like your typical front-running soFLa loudmouth, a fan of whatever soFla team is winning.
He doesn't really give a shiite about the Canes.
When I used to listen to him, I heard him say on several occasions that he didn't watch the UM games, that he was at
the movies with the family.
Basically, a Cuban Hank Goldberg.
I found his act tiring and stopped listening to him when he started including politics into his schtick.
He was never as smart as he believed he was.
A loudmouth.
I got the impression he was auditioning for one of those stupid ESPN shows.

Cuban Hank... perfect despicable description 😁

So did Mr. All Knowing do anything in particular that got him booted or just a management decision? I couldn't stand his infusion of politics. If I want to hear about politics I'll go watch CNN or Fox.

Advertisement
He went HAM on Jimmy Johnson last week for questioning richt's play calling etc. L;ike off the wall extreme...Basically sh*t on Jimmy..called fans being concerned about decommits nerds..that knows nothing..yet in the same mouth got on Jimmy Johnson about....THE DRAFT. He made no sense at all...basically said recruiting doesnt matter as you dont know what your getting...like the f*cking nfl draft is any different.

Yeah that's hilarious. These recruiting services are far from perfect, but they're more accurate than they were when Butch was here. But I'd be willing to take a gamble on Alabama's class this cycle that at the very least 60% of those guys are going to pan out and meet their respective evaluations.

It was asinine he kept comparing the canes and dolphins situations and even more crazy that he called all of us morons

Advertisement
He did call out Gorlden in an interview his last season. So I appreciated that... but yea he turned into an Mork apologist... so Fvck that guy.

Advertisement
It was asinine he kept comparing the canes and dolphins situations and even more crazy that he called all of us morons

Seriously. I couldn't get past that. Dude, in the NFL you only have so many options available to you as QB. I don't think Tannehill's the option for the Phins either. Having said that, I don't seem to recall these plethora of options that are significantly better than Tannehill that Gase passed up on. Sure, maybe 1 or 2 slipped through the cracks. In CFB, you can't go into year 4 and say I don't have a QB. That's the beauty about college football, you can load up on as much talent as you want so long as you get the signatures.

He did call out Gorlden in an interview his last season. So I appreciated that... but yea he turned into an Mork apologist... so Fvck that guy.

At that point, you would have to have been a brain dead moron to have stood on the Al Golden ship in year 5. I remember a dozen instances where he defended Golden's defense and immediately knew the guy was clueless.

At that point, you would have to have been a brain dead moron to have stood on the Al Golden ship in year 5. I remember a dozen instances where he defended Golden's defense and immediately knew the guy was clueless.
And still... he was the only radio guy to say Anythjng about golden, let alone to his face.

All the media members are too concerned about access... too soft.

Advertisement
Back