OT Benjamin Knox decommits from UF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Florida slow played him in an effort to get him to decommit, don't want there are better fish out there, not to mention UM needs a guard.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncfrecruitingsoutheast&id=21984&src=desktop

Gators lose ESPN 300 OL Ben Knox

By Derek Tyson | September 10, 2013 10:30:09 PM PDT
Four-star offensive lineman Ben Knox (Deland, Fla./Deland) decommitted from Florida on Tuesday night. The 6-foot-6, 259-pound tackle prospect now claims Louisville as his leader.

Knox said in a text message that Florida's lack of interest in him led to his decision.
DeLand, FL "At this very moment, I'm decommitting," he said. "Reason why because I haven't heard from them in over a month."

The Gators now have 14 commitments, including nine in the ESPN 300. Florida still has three offensive line commits, Travaris Dorsey (Jacksonville, Fla./Raines), Nolan Kelleher (Mount Pleasant, S.C./Wando) and Dontae Angus (Philadelphia/Martin Luther King), but all three are interior lineman. Look for the Gators to target offensive tackles moving forward.

One of the top tackles in the country, David Sharpe (Jacksonville, Fla./Providence Christian) said on Sunday that he is planning to visit Florida in the near future and also has heavy interest in Clemson and Georgia.

The Gators are also showing interest in offensive lineman Jordan Sims (Birmingham, Ala./Homewood) and the ESPN 300 member will visit Florida for the Tennessee game.

Look for the Gators to look to the junior college ranks or identify more possible targets along the line as the season progresses.

Florida currently has the No. 8-ranked recruiting class in the country.

Advertisement
if we need a guard, i wouldn't mind taking a chance on that guy from booker t . . . forgot his name

good luck to the kid. this is why i don't get upset at recruits when they take all their visits...always have to keep your options open.

Florida slow played him in an effort to get him to decommit, don't want there are better fish out there, not to mention UM needs a guard.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncfrecruitingsoutheast&id=21984&src=desktop

Gators lose ESPN 300 OL Ben Knox

By Derek Tyson | September 10, 2013 10:30:09 PM PDT
Four-star offensive lineman Ben Knox (Deland, Fla./Deland) decommitted from Florida on Tuesday night. The 6-foot-6, 259-pound tackle prospect now claims Louisville as his leader.

Knox said in a text message that Florida's lack of interest in him led to his decision.
DeLand, FL "At this very moment, I'm decommitting," he said. "Reason why because I haven't heard from them in over a month."

The Gators now have 14 commitments, including nine in the ESPN 300. Florida still has three offensive line commits, Travaris Dorsey (Jacksonville, Fla./Raines), Nolan Kelleher (Mount Pleasant, S.C./Wando) and Dontae Angus (Philadelphia/Martin Luther King), but all three are interior lineman. Look for the Gators to target offensive tackles moving forward.

One of the top tackles in the country, David Sharpe (Jacksonville, Fla./Providence Christian) said on Sunday that he is planning to visit Florida in the near future and also has heavy interest in Clemson and Georgia.

The Gators are also showing interest in offensive lineman Jordan Sims (Birmingham, Ala./Homewood) and the ESPN 300 member will visit Florida for the Tennessee game.

Look for the Gators to look to the junior college ranks or identify more possible targets along the line as the season progresses.

Florida currently has the No. 8-ranked recruiting class in the country.

Looks like rather then just asking a kid like this one and us with Edourd to de-commit the new trend seems to be just to ignore the kid and send out subtle messages that they are not wanted. I for one don't care for this tactic. I hope both succeed and make us and UF regret our behavior.

Looks like rather then just asking a kid like this one and us with Edourd to de-commit the new trend seems to be just to ignore the kid and send out subtle messages that they are not wanted. I for one don't care for this tactic. I hope both succeed and make us and UF regret our behavior.

Agree 100%. Kids deserve better.

Advertisement

Agree 100%. Kids deserve better.

agree as well, it's a cuthroat game. which is why grown men sound like some ******* when they whine about 'loyalty' and 'disrespect' when kids visit other schools. all recruits would be wise to keep their options open until signing day.

Alin got treated like this as well and for a long time got ripped until people finally gave him a break. Wish this kid luck but I think we can do better then hik

Advertisement
Some staffs slow play commits because they don't want to actually pull the committed offer and then have other staffs continually harping to recruits that the offer they think they've committed to is an illusion.

To me, if you offer, and he commits, you stick as long as the kid sticks with you. If he looks around, you look around. Pretty simple, but it requires the staff to a) really do its homework before offering and b) be willing to take some lumps when the offeree is not as impressive as others during the remainder of the recruiting period. Further complicating this is the fact that some recruits have offers beginning in 8th grade and it may be necessary to get in the game early.

Everyone is saying we are looking at guard prospects but I don't see this kid playing anything but tackle. He would have to be red shirted but he has great fast twitch muscles and can really pop you. The only reason I think he isn't getting as much love is cause he is only 260. Very light for a O-lineman but he has a frame that will make any strength coach drool.

Advertisement
Back