OT: Bama's Defense is smoke & mirrors of late in post season

that lsu title game was a joke, not sure if they would've won but i know ok st would've given them more of a game, and in the texas game they lucked out when colt mccoy got injured in the first quarter

Texas wins that game..........***** Bama!!

Advertisement
You asked how many DB's that Saban coached has panned out in the NFL. I gave you 2. Next time specify so you don't look so fcking stupid.

Advertisement
You asked how many DB's that Saban coached has panned out in the NFL. I gave you 2. Next time specify so you don't look so fcking stupid.

Ok...my bad so name me some CB' s Saint Nick has coached that has panned out in the league...

Now that's cleared up, what's your definition of panned out?

Amounted to anything substantial with respect to the hype coming out of Bama and round drafted...

Ok...my bad so name me some CB' s Saint Nick has coached that has panned out in the league...

Amounted to anything substantial with respect to the hype coming out of Bama and round drafted...
The silence is deafening....lol

I don't care about Bama this is a Miami board I was trolling you and it worked.

Advertisement

I don't care about Bama this is a Miami board I was trolling you and it worked.
Or you could not come up with 1 name...so yeah it worked...lol

So despite having their choice of five star corners, Alabama purposely goes after slower, less athletic corners that can't play man? Makes sense.:monkey-serious:

No smarta$$, he prefers bigger CB's because he plays a ton of zone coverage. Same reason Seattle has huge *** CB's.

Name one DB that Saban has coached that has panned out in the league...I'll wait. I never said they were not good in college!!

Who cares? His job is to win in COLLEGE.

****, name one Miami CB that panned out in the NFL during our heyday. They all either sucked or got moved to Safety due to lack of speed/quickness. Did you care? I bet you didn't. Cause they were lockdown CB's for us (in college).

Nobody talked **** about our coaches when our CB's weren't panning out in the NFL. Butch was a master recruiter and our coaches were awesome!

The hypocrisy.

What a sad attempt to discredit a coach.

Advertisement
Name one DB that Saban has coached that has panned out in the league...I'll wait. I never said they were not good in college!!

****, name one Miami CB that panned out in the NFL during our heyday. They all either sucked or got moved to Safety due to lack of speed/quickness. Did you care? I bet you didn't. Cause they were lockdown CB's for us (in college).

Also the notion that Alabama doesn't produce good pro players is another fallacy from Miami fans. They have 6 pro bowlers this year (most in the league) and two of them are defensive backs. Dudes on here are either ridiculously ignorant or just want to believe a set narrative to try to compensate for our horrendous record the past ten years

Last edited by a moderator:

Also the notion that Alabama doesn't produce good pro players is another fallacy from Miami fans. They have 6 pro bowlers this year (most in the league) and two of them are defensive backs. Dudes on here are either ridiculously ignorant or just want to believe a set narrative to try to compensate for our horrendous record the past ten years

Man I was just relaying a comment from 2 Hall of Fame players in the NFL about Bama DB' s when they get to the league...i thought it was realivent to the tread topic...i don't usually post on these site but I felt this was something that was good to pass on. Not a big deal, but I won't make this mistake again.

Kelly Jennings was solid.

Antrel is a good player...never would have/should have been a cb..helm he was above 210 pounds while here at Miami. So I always considered him a safety.

Phil Buchanon made pro bowls. Overall much better than their cb who apparently tly are coached by the Gawwwdd..while our was coached by Randy Shannon an Tim Walton

Advertisement
I'll agree that it's a bit puzzling that Miami has had so much more success with safeties in the NFL compared to CBs over the decades....

Butch liked to have bigger CBs and Rolle and Rumph worked out very well in college. Obviously their better position was safety in the pros....

Unfortunately we missed on Patrick Johnson who was on a Sean Taylor level at the CB position. Don't know how he's been doing in the pros, but he had major league size and speed while at LSU.

Very, very disappointing that he got away....

Nobody talked **** about our coaches when our CB's weren't panning out in the NFL. Butch was a master recruiter and our coaches were awesome!

The hypocrisy.

What a sad attempt to discredit a coach.

Not sure people realize, but being a CB is tough. The NFL is a passing game and the penalties favor the offense. Hard to be elite as a CB. If you are elite you are going to get absolutely PAID.

Kelly Jennings was solid.

Antrel is a good player...never would have/should have been a cb..helm he was above 210 pounds while here at Miami. So I always considered him a safety.

Phil Buchanon made pro bowls. Overall much better than their cb who apparently tly are coached by the Gawwwdd..while our was coached by Randy Shannon an Tim Walton

You just named 2 CB's from the best secondary in college football for like 10 years straight. Kinda proves my point.

Advertisement
Back