OT: Bahamas Bowl attendance

Klamalama

Board Ban Under CIS Martial Law Until 11/5/20
My guess is 1817. The crowd is really into solemnity.

Advertisement
That pitch is embarrassing. Must be a Cricket field. I think the gift bag contained 6 Conch Fritters, a 1/2 off Goombay Punch coupon, a Straw hat,
$10 Paradise Island poker chip and an "It's better in the Bahamas Tee shirt .

What do you expect on an island of 250,000 people where a large majority work at resorts or local businesses and who live in a soccer culture (which they barely play and are terrible at too)? The only fans in the crowd are going to be the ones who traveled specifically to watch the game. This bowl, like most, is a complete joke!

Advertisement
That pitch is embarrassing. Must be a Cricket field. I think the gift bag contained 6 Conch Fritters, a 1/2 off Goombay Punch coupon, a Straw hat,
$10 Paradise Island poker chip and an "It's better in the Bahamas Tee shirt .

Don't forget complementary hair braiding at the port!

What do you expect on an island of 250,000 people where a large majority work at resorts or local businesses and who live in a soccer culture (which they barely play and are terrible at too)? The only fans in the crowd are going to be the ones who traveled specifically to watch the game. This bowl, like most, is a complete joke!

Soccer??....not at all. Ive never kicked a ball while living there....I played football, baseball, basketball literally every day..and the kids i grew up with did the same...and im from the smallest island there. FSU's current starting Te...a relative of mine grew up watching us throw the football around while living there as a youngster.

Problem with this game is....Its on Christmas Eve at NOON..
Majority of the folks in Nassau are at work, or tourist are at the hotel enjoying the island.
Football is big in the bahamas....but the schools that make the game because of conference are from BUBBLEF*CK...and Bahamians have NO clue about them.
Its not promoted in the culture nearly enough as far as the students ins chools, who are actually off.

I admit the last two years the game has been exciting.
-This time of the year everyone is gearing up for Junkanoo on Christmas Day or Shopping. Its terrible that they didnt coordinate this event around another event like the Jr Junkanoo that they had two weeks ago between the high schools that had the stadium packed....

Or move this game to the night time...that will allow more attendance.

Popeyes does a good job with the bowl...but the folks in government in charge of Ministry of Sports have no idea about Football or actually Sports at a high level in my opinion. They are just guys they move around from other parts of politics into those position to keep every one happy.

But i guarantee those two schools loved the trip there...Conch fritters and all.

Soccer??....not at all. Ive never kicked a ball while living there....I played football, baseball, basketball literally every day..and the kids i grew up with did the same...and im from the smallest island there. FSU's current starting Te...a relative of mine grew up watching us throw the football around while living there as a youngster.

Problem with this game is....Its on Christmas Eve at NOON..
Majority of the folks in Nassau are at work, or tourist are at the hotel enjoying the island.
Football is big in the bahamas....but the schools that make the game because of conference are from BUBBLEF*CK...and Bahamians have NO clue about them.
Its not promoted in the culture nearly enough as far as the students ins chools, who are actually off.

I admit the last two years the game has been exciting.
-This time of the year everyone is gearing up for Junkanoo on Christmas Day or Shopping. Its terrible that they didnt coordinate this event around another event like the Jr Junkanoo that they had two weeks ago between the high schools that had the stadium packed....

Or move this game to the night time...that will allow more attendance.

Popeyes does a good job with the bowl...but the folks in government in charge of Ministry of Sports have no idea about Football or actually Sports at a high level in my opinion. They are just guys they move around from other parts of politics into those position to keep every one happy.

But i guarantee those two schools loved the trip there...Conch fritters and all.

It's always better in The Bahamas!

Advertisement
Was a fun game to watch. No defense. Probably like our game tomorrow.

last year's was great too.

The stadium is pretty good to. Was built by Chinese....they put it up fairly quick.....one could only wish for our team to eventually have their own.

But Bahamas recently started playing high school football on a small level..to be honest it could be a breeding ground just like Samoa has been for the US...if they get organized legit and keep it up. We have had some great Bahamian descendent kids over the years... Santana/Sinorice Moss, Tolbert Bain/Trav Bain, Tyrone Moss, Phillip Dorsett, etc... The kids over there are raw....no weightroom..s&c..and are athletic as ****...Just scour the basketball courts oyu could regularly find 6'4-6'6 220 kids that have never picked up a weight...

Speed wise....those kids are naturally fast.

Gogeta4 is correct, soccer ain't big in the Bahamas. All the Bahamian kids I grew up with, were either basketball,track, or football guys...or gals.

Advertisement
In all fairness I don't think Western Michigan or Middle Tenn. players are complaining about a trip to the Bahamas.

Advertisement
Gogeta4 is correct, soccer ain't big in the Bahamas. All the Bahamian kids I grew up with, were either basketball,track, or football guys...or gals.

Isn't bobsledding popular in the Caribbean?

Just Jamaica that I know of...if I had to guess, I'd say baseball is the most popular sport in the Carribean.
Soccer is most definitely the most popular sport in the Caribbean as a whole....

Advertisement
Back