OT: Anybody getting these ads on their page....seems kind of personal

Advertisement
It’s not. I see lots of ads here I never even thought of searching.

Ok and you are wrong but enjoy that thought amigo.

Ads are based off of sites you as user visit and cookies are accepted/downloaded into your personal server thus displaying ads based on your search history over time.

Ads are based off of sites you as user visit and cookies are accepted/downloaded into your personal server thus displaying ads based on your search history over time.
Don't mean to start with you again but as I posted previously, I can guarantee you a 100% fact it's not (at least with me) I believe you're correct with most sites but it's absolutely not here. I did wonder though if maybe it's different on mobile, that's all I use.

Don't mean to start with you again but as I posted previously, I can guarantee you a 100% fact it's not (at least with me) I believe you're correct with most sites but it's absolutely not here. I did wonder though if maybe it's different on mobile, that's all I use.

If the site has ads associated with it for money generation then yes but 100% your personal searches add ads.

If the site has ads associated with it for money generation then yes but 100% your personal searches add ads.
Makes sense but I can honestly say that I don't think a single ad I've seen is something I searched or even thought about. 99% of them are vacations to places I wouldn't go, cruises, which I've never been on, online college programs, I graduated college in 2008 and haven't thought about school since. Pretty much every single ad is random

Advertisement
Makes sense but I can honestly say that I don't think a single ad I've seen is something I searched or even thought about. 99% of them are vacations to places I wouldn't go, cruises, which I've never been on, online college programs, I graduated college in 2008 and haven't thought about school since. Pretty much every single ad is random

What will really blow your mind is having a conversation around your phone and getting ads from that conversation.

That happens.

And no I have no clue other than ****

How the **** you going to tell me I’m wrong? None of these ads link to my history of my searches.

What will really blow your mind is having a conversation around your phone and getting ads from that conversation.

That happens.

And no I have no clue other than ****
Now that I believe. I've seen that plenty on my Google news feed and on the ads in the stories. I think Alexa, Google Home and the like, along with our microphones and cameras are all listening and accessable. It's creepy

Advertisement
Now that I believe. I've seen that plenty on my Google news feed and on the ads in the stories. I think Alexa, Google Home and the like, along with our microphones and cameras are all listening and accessable. It's creepy

Apple has admitted that Alexa listens fwiw.

Apple has admitted that Alexa listens fwiw.
Apple is using Amazon tech to listen? COLLUSION!

But we do know the CIA uses smart tvs to listen in.

It's a scary world.

But don't worry, the government promises that they will never abuse their powers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I give my smart TV "The Goat" after every shower in the morning.

Points for anyone who gets that movie reference.

tenor (19).gif

If this site is getting money from showing ads, they are only getting that money if someone clicks on the ad. Its called "Click Through Rate or CTR"

Advertisement
Back