OT: Andrew Luck Retires

TerragonSix

Itsa Me, Mario!
Not a Colts fan, but this one sort of blew me away. Then I read that basically, hes had to rehab some sort of injury the past four consecutive years.

So I understand, in a way. I imagine eventually, you just want to stop hurting. Constantly going to the doctors, constantly getting crippled.

Honestly, the Colts really screwed him up; hes not had a very good offensive line in front of him and has taken a beating like a government mule.

Really is sad.

Advertisement
Sets there franchise back some years now as well.

Yeah. Even if they get another quality QB, hes gonna get beat to **** too.

Reminds me of Kerry Wood being overused with the Cubs. Improper management and overuse wore out a bright young arm too early.

Advertisement
Honestly could not come into a worse situation. Plays after Peyton Manning, then has a terrible offensive line, and gets massacred.

Glad hes got his money.

He will be back
Actually, I hope not.

One thing I was taught training to fight was, "The last guy that knows hes got nothing left is usually the fighter himself."

So, older fighters stay in the ring, they may win, but take more beatings. Then more beatings. Then, their voices slur, and their reflexes slow.

Then, they get one more big payday, get their *** whipped, then, they know.

Arturro Gatti, Muhammad Ali are prime examples of this. I disliked Ali, but watching his fight vs. Larry Holmes....it's not something I care to ever watch again. Even now, the thought of it makes me sick.

Point being; if you got your money and you know its time, leave like a man. And never look back.

Advertisement
Actually, I hope not.

One thing I was taught training to fight was, "The last guy that knows hes got nothing left is usually the fighter himself."

So, older fighters stay in the ring, they may win, but take more beatings. Then more beatings. Then, their voices slur, and their reflexes slow.

Then, they get one more big payday, get their *** whipped, then, they know.

Arturro Gatti, Muhammad Ali are prime examples of this. I disliked Ali, but watching his fight vs. Larry Holmes....it's not something I care to ever watch again. Even now, the thought of it makes me sick.

Point being; if you got your money and you know its time, leave like a man. And never look back.

He’s like 29

Yeah. Even if they get another quality QB, hes gonna get beat to **** too.

Reminds me of Kerry Wood being overused with the Cubs. Improper management and overuse wore out a bright young arm too early.
The Colts have a great OL since last year, but they were horrendous for years

Here’s a question I haven’t seen asked - will the Colts do what the Lions did and demand that Andrew return his signing bonus? I remember when they did this to Barry Sanders when he unexpectedly retired. Likewise, didn’t the Dolphins sue Ricky Williams when he retired in 2004?

Advertisement
Back