OT AllABoutTheU83 SIAP

Dwinstitles

All-American

A Cane needs help SIAP

Im unable I wish I can but to those who can I figure I post it here cause I like this dude

Advertisement
My mom and dad are still living in a camper waiting to rebuild. 8 months later and things are not ok. Donated what I could.
Sorry to hear that, my man. I can definitely feel your pain. My hometown of Sneads got destroyed as well. My parents literally had to go through about 70 grand worth of renovations due to the damage that was caused to their house. When I go home, most of the homes still have the blue tarps everywhere. ****, FEMA is still set up in Sneads. Its eerie as ****!

My mom and dad are still living in a camper waiting to rebuild. 8 months later and things are not ok. Donated what I could.

Where are they?

Also I couldn’t make out what he was saying (I’m in a loud environment right now)...what is the gist?

Advertisement
Where are they?

Also I couldn’t make out what he was saying (I’m in a loud environment right now)...what is the gist?

They live in Panama City. Not sure where 83 lives but obviously pretty close to there if he lost everything as well. Its still a war zone and there's like no trees left. Eery is a good way to describe it. My parents are having another home built on their property. House I grew up in was a total loss. Lots of people have it much worse.

They live in Panama City. Not sure where 83 lives but obviously pretty close to there if he lost everything as well. Its still a war zone and there's like no trees left. Eery is a good way to describe it. My parents are having another home built on their property. House I grew up in was a total loss. Lots of people have it much worse.

It’s a crazy situation ... and prices shoot through the roof, especially materials and construction.

I wish your parents and all affected the best, I’ve been through it, although not at that level, and it’s a tough tough time. The only silver lining, is that to a fashion I learned to appreciate little things, like hot showers and having a little bit of electricity, and having a home cooked meal. Things we take for granted every day.

It’s a crazy situation ... and prices shoot through the roof, especially materials and construction...

This exactly. Compound the problem that 99.99% of people don't have the liquid cssh reserves to recover while waiting for compensation.

The majority of the emotional and economic damage occurs after the disaster and lingers for years to come.

This exactly. Compound the problem that 99.99% of people don't have the liquid cssh reserves to recover while waiting for compensation.

The majority of the emotional and economic damage occurs after the disaster and lingers for years to come.

Absolutely.

I dont want to make this political - but look at how long its taking 9/11 First Responders to get taken care of medically. They still aren't.

A very slow, inefficient, unjust system during times of disaster that is facilitated by people so far removed from reality, its sad. Out of touch with their own constituents and big corporations that have lost all sense of humanity. Sad state of affairs.

Will help out this good brother when I get back home.

Advertisement
Had many friends that went through this after Katrina...this area still has pockets of areas that are being redone and the Mississippi coast will never be the same...and this is 13 years after the storm.I was sooo fortunate that I only had minimal damage to my house but a lot of my family weren’t so fortunate.

Feel sorry for anyone that has to endure losing everything but you just have to be thankful that you and your family( hopefully) came through it ok.They say material things can be replaced and I suppose that’s correct but the memories you lose in the pictures and personal possessions that you’ll never replace are the things that hurt the most.

Hopefully everyone that has to go through this will one day be able to go back to a normal life but from past experience with my family members It will be a long road to recovery.

I truly feel for all that are going through these situations, its another reminder of life being bigger than sports or entertainment. I cant get any info from the video how do we help?

I truly feel for all that are going through these situations, its another reminder of life being bigger than sports or entertainment. I cant get any info from the video how do we help?

Yeah I was looking for a scroll and having a hard time understanding him anyway. But it just may be where I am it’s loud

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back