Osband Thompson and Frank Newman

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Probably the two best linebackers in Dade County last year, but both had massive grades issues. I checked in with them and Thompson will be playing at Tuskegee University in Alabama. Newman will be at ASA college (JUCO) in Brooklyn. Look for Newman to be one of the top linebackers out of junior college in a couple years. Would have loved to see Thompson wind up at a JUCO too, but he chose the DII route.

Advertisement
Peter, Coker and Shannon had Juco as an afterthought. I know Golden has picked up several of them, but was that out of need only, or are they committed to bringing in a Juco or two each year? And for the So FL kids, have they started a tracking program so we stay on them? Some like Gunter and Kamalu only play a year, and get 3 to play 3, right? Seems worth it to me. And Newman was the total package.

Doesn't Newman have a child here or family related issues??? I think if he gets that Miami offer he is ours to lose...guy will b a stud

Liked both a lot. Hope Newman stays on his **** and becomes the next Lavonte David, except this time in orange and green.

Advertisement
Back