Orlando Hurricanes/UNC watch location?

stoopid311

Recruit
Premium
Hey fellow Canes! I have to go to Orlando for a few days to attend a work conference and I was wondering if any of you Orlando Canes fans knew of a good place to watch the game Thursday. Not looking for anything crazy just a good atmosphere and some other Canes enthusiasts. Thanks!:neonu:

Advertisement
ill be in orlando for the weekend as well and saw that they have their usual watch parties at millers park (sandlake) and hurricane grill and wings (long wood). they are not listed as hosting an alumni event that night, but im assuming a ton of canes will still gather there to watch the games

Ill be at buffalo wild wings in waterford lakes near UCF. Usually a good amount of people there, not really a canes watch party though

It mainly depends on what side of town your staying in. Keep in mind Orlando rougly you could drive 50 miles in one direction and still be in the city of Orlando, and if you include Metro Orlando your talking 100 miles in driving in one direction. So lets say your staying at Championsgate for a conference and as mentioned the UM Alum watch party is Longwood sounds good to you so try to attend it. That's easily 45 miles one way. There are spots all over Orlando that will have the game and a few canes fans.

I would suggest any Millers Ale House ( except on OBT by Florida Mall), BJ's Microbrewery, Buffalo Wild Wings also works. But Again it depends on the side of Town your staying in.

www.bjsbrewhouse.com

Welcome to Orlando, an thanks for coming.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Ill be at buffalo wild wings in waterford lakes near UCF. Usually a good amount of people there, not really a canes watch party though

I would have to say there are a ton Canes on the East Side of Orlando that generally flock to Miller Ale houses at Waterford, the Airport, and even the one University.

www.millersalehouse.com

Buffalo Wild Wings and The Friendly Confines are also very good spots as well

www.buffalowildwings.com

www.myfriendlyconfines.com

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks for the great suggestions... I should have been more specific, I'm staying at the Doubletree on International Dr.

Thanks for the great suggestions... I should have been more specific, I'm staying at the Doubletree on International Dr.

Then most likely you will hit the Ale house on I drive, only problem is that place gets ridiculously packed with tourist, but still should be a good time. If you get a chance head over to Howl at the Moon, its a great time ( bring Cash its a piano bar).

http://www.howlatthemoon.com/locations/location-orlando

There is also the Orlando Improv Comedy Club if you like comedy, its next to BB Kings ( live blues Music) in Pointe Orlando which is 1 block East of the Orange County Convention Center.

theimprovorlando.com

Bahama Breeze has good food, and if your hosting a group I would suggest Capital or Maggiano's ( they are down the street from you at Pointe Orlando)

http://www.pointeorlando.com/dining/

Also the Ice Bar is a little gimmicky but still good for the experience.
www.icebarorlando.com

Last edited:

I would have to say there are a ton Canes on the East Side of Orlando that generally flock to Miller Ale houses at Waterford, the Airport, and even the one University.

www.millersalehouse.com

Buffalo Wild Wings and The Friendly Confines are also very good spots as well

www.buffalowildwings.com

www.myfriendlyconfines.com

Go Canes

Agreed. Cant beat friendly confines nickel beer nights on wednesdays. ($10 for a cup one time then you can bring it every week and the beer is free pretty much, just gotta tip )

I like gators dockside as well , pretty solid and it's 7 bucks all you can drink on Tuesday nights starting at 9 I think.

I was supposed to be going to the game tomorrow but couldn't make it because of work Friday so I'm definitely going to get extra drinks in until I feel like I'm there ha

Advertisement

Then most likely you will hit the Ale house on I drive, only problem is that place gets ridiculously packed with tourist, but still should be a good time. If you get a chance head over to Howl at the Moon, its a great time ( bring Cash its a piano bar).

There is also the Orlando Improv Comedy Club if you like comedy, its next to BB Kings ( live blues Music) in Pointe Orlando which is 1 block East of the Orange County Convention Center.

theimprovorlando.com

Bahama Breeze has good food, and if your hosting a group I would suggest Capital or Maggiano's ( they are down the street from you at Pointe Orlando)

www.icebarorlando.com

Millers park on sandlake is right there I'll be on that side of town as well. It's only a 10 min drive it seems from I drive. It's listed as the official spot for alumni watch parties along w the long wood spot so I think that would be a good bet?

theimprovorlando.com

www.icebarorlando.com

Millers park on sandlake is right there I'll be on that side of town as well. It's only a 10 min drive it seems from I drive. It's listed as the official spot for alumni watch parties along w the long wood spot so I think that would be a good bet?

Yep. That's the spot. Cane Friendly too.

hurricane grill and wings but I thought I read something in Dr. Phillips area as wellon here before.

Last edited:
Advertisement
hurricane grill and wings but I thought I read something in Dr. Phillips area as wellon here before.

Yes in town for the weekend and called millers field which is the other alumni watch party location n they will have the game on restaurant audio tonight.

Advertisement
Back