Orlando has completley turned on us

Advertisement
I can remember 15 years ago I would come to Orlando for business and it would probably be 40% Canes, 20% Seminoles, Gators and UCF. Im talking radio, merchandise etc. Orlando is now a UCF town in the way Gainesville and Tallahasse are. Radio, hotels, walmarts, residents...all UCF all the time. Maybe a little off topic but it's interesting how things have changed and how it will affect us
Well Central Florida is in Orlando

Advertisement
Orlando was 40% Canes? lol I just stopped after that.

Orlando is 1 hour from Gainesville. It has always been a huge Gator stronghold

KInd of off topic, but does anyone know of a Canes sports bar? My buddies and I usually just crash an alehouse or bar downtown, but wasn't sure if there was a dedicated place. I know they got some Canes at the Station 441 bar,

Advertisement
I can remember 15 years ago I would come to Orlando for business and it would probably be 40% Canes, 20% Seminoles, Gators and UCF. Im talking radio, merchandise etc. Orlando is now a UCF town in the way Gainesville and Tallahasse are. Radio, hotels, walmarts, residents...all UCF all the time. Maybe a little off topic but it's interesting how things have changed and how it will affect us
Not true. Orlando is more Canes now than it has ever been. Yes, UCF has grown in popularity due to recenter success and size of the school, but it is normal considering that the school is in Orlando. Orlando was overwhelmingly gators and seminoles, but the Canes have covered ground lately.

Uncle, I deleted my post, was getting wore out. Thanks for educating me. I moved to Ocala a while back and Orlando is fast becoming aUCF town, as a matter of fact they fired their President a while back for using illegal funds to build dorms and a huge campus in Downtown Orlando.
Nice try.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement
Not true. Orlando is more Canes now than it has ever been. Yes, UCF has grown in popularity due to recenter success and size of the school, but it is normal considering that the school is in Orlando. Orlando was overwhelmingly gators and seminoles, but the Canes have covered ground lately.
Lol....No they haven't covered sh*t....Im a homeowner here for 19yrs...and lived here in 91/92....

Orlando is nowhere close to being a UCF town. Gators are still king here if not them then FSU. Im up here surrounded by these clowns all day

Advertisement
On the note of Orlando turning on us, the football team has missed a massive recruiting opportunity here. No major schools have their hooks in Central Florida (maybe FSU and Nebraska) and if it was'nt for SoFla Orlando would dominate HS football in Florida

Am I the only one not impressed by UCF in general? It's surprisingly "out there" in relation to anything cool or fun in Orlando, and takes way longer than you would think to get to the city. It's like an (admittedly) nicer, slightly larger version of FIU.

UCF becoming the largest school in the country might have something to do with that.
The university is huge, but it's been big for a very long time. It's more about the team and programs performance the last few years. They made a national splash by beating Auburn in the Peach Bowl and going undefeated. Everybody loves a winner. The locals are now supporting the team. Couple that with the fact that we've been awful the past 2 years and there you have it.

I have spent plenty of time in Orlando and never ever have I seen any love for the Canes whatsoever.

Advertisement
Back