Oregon's QB Darron Thomas declares for NFL Draft

datcaneguy

Senior
@McNamaraUO: Oregon QB Darron Thomas will forgo his senior season and declare for the NFL Draft #goducks

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is getting completely out of control.

He's going to go undrafted

Gotta wonder who's advising some of these kids. Horrible decision. Kid will be lucky to get drafted.

Gotta wonder who's advising some of these kids. Horrible decision. Kid will be lucky to get drafted.

Was thinking the same thing. It gets worse as the years go on. I know all these kids have egos, which makes them good, but take a math class while in college. The are only 7 rounds of the NFL draft (250 or so picks) and you have about 2,500 D1 seniors every year (avg 20 kids per class times 120 schools) + 50 to 100 underclassmen at least. That doesn't even count the FCS kids that get drafted. At some point, and I don't know how, the adults advising these kids need to held accountable or forbid kids from entering the draft until they get their "degree."

Advertisement
He signed with Drew Rosenhaus

@schadjoe: Darron Thomas: "I saw what Cam Newton did this year. He took his raw talent and made a spark. I can do those things, too."

Wonder what Rosenhaus told streeter, forston, miller, vernon, washington to convince them to come out early

Last edited:

@schadjoe: Darron Thomas: "I saw what Cam Newton did this year. He took his raw talent and made a spark. I can do those things, too."

Wonder what Rosenhaus told streeter, forston, miller, vernon, washington to convince them to come out early

That explains it all. People close to Thomas are letting him down by allowing this used car salesman to sell him on being another Cam. I wish parents or family cared enough about these guys and not just $ to step in and talk some sense into these guys.

Can someone explain to me why it's in an agent's best interest for a kid to obviously come out before they should? Wouldn't it be better for them to wait a year and take their cut of a bigger sum?

Advertisement

That explains it all. People close to Thomas are letting him down by allowing this used car salesman to sell him on being another Cam. I wish parents or family cared enough about these guys and not just $ to step in and talk some sense into these guys.

You are 100% correct about the "used car salesman." Drew and his brother spoke to a Sports Management class that I was in at UM about 8 years ago. I have never felt dirtier in my life. I vividly remember his brother pulling out a money clip, slapping it in his hand and saying and I am quoting "this is what happens when you make it." Now due to NCAA rules they were both wearing agent name tags (which made them look like they were wearing the Scarlet Letter A) because they were on campus and there were some athletes in the class who will go unnamed (mostly baseball players, but a few football guys).

Advertisement
Back