Oregon v UCLA

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium
Since Oregon barely survived at home against an unranked UCLA team, does anyone think they will drop in the polls like Miami did after upsetting VT on the road? My guess is no.

BTW- if Diaz's Canes had squeaked by 1-1 UCLA team at home, CIS posters would be calling Diaz a corch.

Advertisement
Chip Kelly went from a genius that every coach copied to Chirp jelly , a coach that’ll be fired a third time sooner than later.

Oh .... and no is my answer to your question.

Chirp Jelly at least had his players competitive today without starting QB and 2 RBs......Could you imagine what UM would be without King Definitely would have been blow out. We struggle to beat unranked teams with King

Oregon should absolutely drop in the polls, especially since that was UCLA's backup QB. Let's see if the polls treat them the same as us.

The first real rankings, however, come out this upcoming week.

Advertisement
They undefeated so no, but we'll still move up a couple of spots over Wisconsin and Indiana.
Hopefully UCF can upset Cincinnati.

Chip Kelly went from a genius that every coach copied to Chirp jelly , a coach that’ll be fired a third time sooner than later.

I'm genuinely confused as to why the AP's rules would be different for Miami & Oregon. VT was the favorite AT HOME with a mostly healthy team, a depleted Miami squad beat them, yet we drop. I mean I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but maybe there is some truth in the anti-Miami bias.

He reminds me of Mark Hughes. Had things absolutely rolling at an unpopular club (the once mighty Blackburn Rovers - **** the Venkys) and looked destined for superstardom. He left for a 'bigger' club (Man City), failed, and has been on a downward spiral ever since.

Kelly has lost his mojo.

Chirp Jelly at least had his players competitive today without starting QB and 2 RBs......Could you imagine what UM would be without King Definitely would have been blow out. We struggle to beat unranked teams with King

Oh Without King, this team is .500 at best. But we have him and luckily he hasn't had to sit, so therefore, we don't have to think about the what if's

Advertisement
I'm genuinely confused as to why the AP's rules would be different for Miami & Oregon. VT was the favorite AT HOME with a mostly healthy team, a depleted Miami squad beat them, yet we drop. I mean I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but maybe there is some truth in the anti-Miami bias.
It’s the same ole thing with Miami and the polls. They overhype us when we win , shooting UM up the polls when we win but right when get exposed in a big game they lose respect. Instantly.

It’s the same ole thing with Miami and the polls. They overhype us when we win , shooting UM up the polls when we win but right when get exposed in a big game they lose respect. Instantly.
Miami isn’t exactly getting exposed only in big games (Clemson is the only big game this season). Miami hasn’t beaten anyone good this season and we have struggled against mediocre teams. Style points matter. Truth is Miami is a team ranked between 15th-20th so I don’t pay too much attention to the polls.

Miami isn’t exactly getting exposed only in big games (Clemson is the only big game this season). Miami hasn’t beaten anyone good this season and we have struggled against mediocre teams. Style points matter. Truth is Miami is a team ranked between 15th-20th so I don’t pay too much attention to the polls.
So if style points matter, Oregon should drop in the polls after barely squeaking out a win against a bad UCLA team without their starting quarterback? Or do style point only count against Miami?

Advertisement
All that BS you talking, we’re 7-1. That’s all that matters more wins than losses and we get great recruits for that.

The media and everyone wants Miami back , so right when they think we’re good they overrate us. They shoot Miami up the polls fast but after we lay our normal **** in the “ is Miami back game “ they smack us back and lose all respect. It’s feast or famine with sports media / rankings.

Nobody gets treated like Um, which we earned this treatment the last fifteen years.

Advertisement
So if style points matter, Oregon should drop in the polls after barely squeaking out a win against a bad UCLA team without their starting quarterback? Or do style point only count against Miami?
I’m not talking about Oregon. Give two ***** about them. But to answer your question, they should go down in polls. We will see if that happens tomorrow.

The media and everyone wants Miami back , so right when they think we’re good they overrate us. They shoot Miami up the polls fast but after we lay our normal **** in the “ is Miami back game “ they smack us back and lose all respect. It’s feast or famine with sports media / rankings.
Agreed. Unfortunately, this weak schedule (with 2 starting QB’s out) and getting dominated by Clemson doesn’t help our cause. Miami has to win the games it’s supposed to and need to upset a big name in the Orange Bowl (if we make it). Another Wisconsin performance and this is 2017 all over again with Bama waiting..

Who has Cincinnati beaten? Austin Peay? They struggled to beat an unranked UCF. You think they drop or deserve to be higher than Miami? Miami at least has at least struggled with P5 teams. And Oregon? They were only up 21-19 at the start of the 4th quarter against WSU. Tonight they barely survived against a bad UCLA team at home. But they will still be ranked higher than Miami tomorrow. Ohio State should drop too, they have 100x the talent of Indiana and almost got upset. Indy is ranked pretty high, but the talent disparity is like the difference between Bama and Vanderbilt. OSU should have blown out Indy. Doubt OSU drops. Miami's only loss was on the road to the team that is probably going to play Bama in the National Title game. Why is Miami the only team in the top 15 that gets penalized for lacking style points?

Advertisement
Back